Beta testing

bobc

I got an email from Evernote Team asking me to test the new note editor as part of the Evernote beta program.

But I'm not clear what platform (or platforms) I should be testing on.

And how can I tell if I am running the production or the beta version of Evernote?

5 hours ago, bobc said:

And how can I tell if I am running the production or the beta version of Evernote?

In the Evernote desktop client select Help --> About. If you see word "Prerelease" after the version number it means that you are running the beta version of Evernote.

beta indicator.png

Yes, same here... The email has a button labeled "Start" but it just takes you to the Web version, and I don't know if I'm looking at a beta or production.

And if I open Evernote Windows, and go to Help / About, it says "6.17.6.8292 (308292) Public (CE Build ce-62.1.7539)" -- How do I get to the pre-release???

• Level 5*

In the web version click on your name/avatar and select the version.  Windows preview is a totally separate app at this point, not a prerelease.  You would have a link to it to beta test.  Methinks anyway. 

In the Web version, when I click on my  name, I just see an option to "switch to the previous version of Evernote". Does this mean I'm in the beta?

In Windows version, I have no link. The email invitation did not supply a link.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, bobc said:

In the Web version, when I click on my  name, I just see an option to "switch to the previous version of Evernote". Does this mean I'm in the beta?

I think you're using the "new" web version

The Preview and Beta projects are completely different

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, bobc said:

In Windows version, I have no link. The email invitation did not supply a link.

Do you see current or beta editor in the bottom right of the note window on the browser.

Windows would be the beta not the preview.  Don't know when the preview version will become a beta.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, bobc said:

In the bottom right of the note window on the browser it says either "Saving" or "All notes saved".

Beta editor version should look something like this.  I have the left panel compressed, the black ribbon on this screen shot.  Notice the editor choice in the bottom right.

ScreenClip.thumb.png.7295da8d47cdeba8e9c1833a7d00c8ec.png

• 1 month later...

I found the reason why I couldn't participate in the beta. I'm using the web browser that came with the computer, instead of installing a third-party product.

I understand Microsoft Edge is going through a brain transplant, and I hope it will join the list of supported browsers in future.

I normally use the Windows and Android clients anyway, and would prefer to test those instead anyway.