Unwanted URL entered when Copy-Pasting to Existing Note

I accidentally copy-pasted a sentence of text (copied from a webpage) into an existing note, a note that did NOT already have a URL associated to it.  I noticed that when pasting this text, EN also automatically pasted the URL from the source web-page it was copied from.  When I undid the paste, with CTRL+Z, the pasted text was removed, but not the inserted URL, resulting in me having to remove it manually.

50% of the time this wouldn't be an issue as half my notes do already have an associated URL reflecting the clipped source, but for other notes, where they might be a repository of info from multiple sources then I would want a way to stop EN auto inserting the source URL from where i copied text. 

Is there a config/option, or way, to stop EN automatically adding a URL when copy-pasting text from webpages? cheers

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

EN also automatically pasted the URL from the source web-page it was copied from.

Was the url pasted into the note contents, or into the source-url metadata?

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Was the url pasted into the note contents, or into the source-url metadata?

Not in the text, not in the note contents...so must be the source-url metadata.  I have my toolbar customised to display the 'i' info icon.  and when a note has a URL it is also displayed on the toolbar.

• 10 months later...