(Archived) Duplicate notes

Hi,

I have installed Evernote 3 in two computers (work and home) and I synchronize with these two computers at once.

Today I realized that I have all the notes duplicates. This is due to sync with my two computers online, I supose.

What's wrong?. How can I solve it?.

Thanks,

Synchronization should not create duplicate notes, so this sounds like an error.

Did you import any notes into your Evernote 3 account? I.e. did you import an existing Evernote 2.2 database into one or both computers?

Thanks

Hi,

I'll try to explain the whole process. I don't have notebook named 'Conflicting changes'. I have all my notes duplicate in the same tag.

1.- Install Evernote 3 on computer A. This computer already have Evernote 2.2

2.- Import Evernote 2.2 database into Evernote 3 application.

3.- Create an empty beta account in Evernote "online".

4.- Synchronize Evernote "online" account with Evernote 3 on computer A. NOTE: Evernote "online" doesn't support tags with accutes and other especial characters. I have get some Syncrho error due to this. I have change tag name and all is working Ok now.

5.- Install Evernote 3 on computer B.

6.- Import Evernote 2.2 database into Evernote 3 application on computer B.

7.- Synchronize Evernote "online" account with Evernote 3 on computer B.

8.- I get duplicate entries.

Maybe the problem was step number 6?.

Regards,

I have supposed.

And now, Can I delete all duplicate entries automatically?

If you currently have two notebooks as a result of two import operations, you can just delete the duplicate notebook with all notes there in a single step.

If you have all your notes in a single notebook -- the only thing is to move all duplicates manually to the Trash or to the separate temporary notebook, and then empty the Trash or delete this temporary notebook.

Another option is to delete all your notes and re-import the 2.2 base again on any of the clients, then synchronize changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having problems with duplicate notes and "conflicting changes". I have EN3 installed on both my home and work computer and was able to synchronize them both to my online database until yesterday. While synchronizing at home I noticed that one note was duplicated 40 times in the notebook "conflicting changes", and in the bottom right corner, the sync status kept rotating through 50% done and 100% done all the time duplicating the same note over and over. Is the only way to fix this to delete the offending note? How can I avoid this in the future?

Update on previous post: I deleted the note that was duplicated but I'm still seeing the same action in the bottom right corner - continual rotation between 50% done and 100% done and the log shows the following message (many times over and over):

20:32 0% Connecting to preview.evernote.com

20:32 0% Client updateCount=304, server updateCount=309

20:32 0% Retrieving list of changes from the server

20:32 0% Expunging 2 notes

20:32 0% Expunged local note "Siteswords.html"

20:32 50% Expunged local note "Site"

20:32 0% Synchronizing 1 saved search

20:32 0% Updating local saved search "jott"

20:32 50% Synchronizing 1 note

20:32 50% Updating local note "adelmedico"

20:32 100% Resyncing due to data synchronization conflict

I too am having problems with duplicate notes and "conflicting changes". I have EN3 installed on both my home and work computer and was able to synchronize them both to my online database until yesterday. While synchronizing at home I noticed that one note was duplicated 40 times in the notebook "conflicting changes", and in the bottom right corner, the sync status kept rotating through 50% done and 100% done all the time duplicating the same note over and over. Is the only way to fix this to delete the offending note? How can I avoid this in the future?

I had the same problem. A "conflicting changes" notebook with 525 times of a note ( I left it sync all night). I don't want to erase the note that is causing the problem. Isn't there any other way we can solve this? I have reported this bug twice, I hope they reply.

I am in the same boat. I have the evernote client installed on both work and home machines. My work machine (laptop) has never had a synchronizing issue. Not sure if it was after the update or not but my home machine enters into an endless loop (lower right-hand corner). Following is a snippet of my log:

05:16 0% Authenticating user "mikexxx"

05:16 0% Connecting to preview.evernote.com

05:16 0% Client updateCount=376, server updateCount=397

05:16 0% Retrieving list of changes from the server

05:17 0% Synchronizing 3 tags

05:17 0% Updating local tag "Nice to Get Done"

05:17 6% Updating local tag "Pearls"

05:17 12% Updating local tag "Gadget"

05:17 18% Synchronizing 13 notes

05:17 18% Updating local note "Need to setup and use home CAM"

05:17 24% Updating local note "Mr Excel Download Free eBook"

05:17 29% Updating local note "Pearls of Wisdom:"

05:17 35% Updating local note "Check out the Follow up with Ben Afle..."

05:17 41% Updating local note "Device for Cell Phone in Car"

05:17 47% Updating local note "Paul Therot - BLURB or My Publisher"

05:17 53% Updating local note "Check out http://www.playcafe.com/"

05:17 59% Updating local note "Pool Man per leslie Pool"

05:17 65% Updating local note "ToDo"

05:17 71% Updating local note "Links to Check Out:"

05:17 76% Updating local note "Check out FriendFeed.com"

05:17 82% Creating local note ""

05:17 88% Updating local note "Honda Dealership"

05:17 94% Synchronizing 1 resource

05:17 100% Resyncing due to data synchronization conflict

05:17 100% Client updateCount=376, server updateCount=397

05:17 100% Retrieving list of changes from the server

05:17 18% Updating local note "Need to setup and use home CAM"

05:17 24% Updating local note "Mr Excel Download Free eBook"

05:17 29% Updating local note "Pearls of Wisdom:"

05:17 35% Updating local note "Check out the Follow up with Ben Afle..."

05:17 41% Updating local note "Device for Cell Phone in Car"

05:17 47% Updating local note "Paul Therot - BLURB or My Publisher"

05:17 53% Updating local note "Check out http://www.playcafe.com/"

05:17 59% Updating local note "Pool Man per leslie Pool"

05:17 65% Updating local note "ToDo"

05:17 71% Updating local note "Links to Check Out:"

05:17 76% Updating local note "Check out FriendFeed.com"

05:17 82% Creating local note ""

05:17 88% Updating local note "Honda Dealership"

05:17 94% Synchronizing 1 resource

05:17 100% Resyncing due to data synchronization conflict

05:17 100% Client updateCount=376, server updateCount=397

05:17 100% Retrieving list of changes from the server

I completely uninstalled the Evernote client from my home machine and did a reinstall using the latest version. Did not solve the problem.

What is really frustrating is that I have filled out 3 help requests using the built in support form with no reply. Bummer is this tool is exactly what I am looking for. Good implementation of tags and the ability to access from anywhere. I would like to be able to use the client from both home and work but currently have to sync from work and if at home use the web interface which is gimped. :D

I noticed the same repeating "conflicting changes" problem that kept filling up the notebook and causing constant re-syncing. It's clearly a bug.

What I did as a workaround was to close down Evernote and then delete the entire EN3 database. It lives in an "Evernote" directory in your My Documents folder (or just Documents on Vista).

Once the database was deleted, I started EN3 again and sync'd down a new copy of the database.

I noticed the same repeating "conflicting changes" problem that kept filling up the notebook and causing constant re-syncing. It's clearly a bug.

What I did as a workaround was to close down Evernote and then delete the entire EN3 database. It lives in an "Evernote" directory in your My Documents folder (or just Documents on Vista).

Once the database was deleted, I started EN3 again and sync'd down a new copy of the database.

Awesome. So simple I feel guilty for not thinking of that. :shock: Thank you for the solution. Worked great and took about 1 minute. :D

Archived