wmazoni

Clipper has encountered an error

Hello there,

I am trying to clipper an pdf in google chrome, but the evernote clipper show me this error in attachement.

I am using google chrome version 76 64-bit, windows 10 version 1903

Can anyone help me?

error.jpg

• Like 2

I think that's a bug in Chrome when clipping a PDF file. You're seeing an error message that states **EDAM/ENML_VALIDATION Element type ''embed'' must be declared. As a workaround, you can download the PDF file on your desktop and attach the PDF into a note in Evernote. 

I've received this error when clipping .pdf for a few weeks now.  I DON'T think it is a Chrome issue.  My work around is similar but eliminates a step.  I download the .pdf to a folder on my desktop that is set to automatically import into Evernote.  You find this setting in Tools --> Import Folders. You can import as many folders as you want and either keep or delete the original from your laptop.  I do for installs, picture, videos and more.  Very Handy.

Yes - I'm getting the same error.  Seems like a new problem over the past few days. I'm using  Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75 (Official Build) (64-bit).

• Like 1

BTW, no matter if Chrome or Evernote is the issue, it still is Evernote's problem.  Google can't possibly make improvements and still be fully compatible with the hundreds of apps and extentions out there.  It is the App/extension owner's responsibility to keep up.  Looking forward to a fix.

Same error here. Evernote had better find a way to make it work properly ASAP. 

• Like 1

I'm also experiencing the same issue now, looking forward to a quick bug fix from Evernote!

Thank you for reporting this. The support team is aware and tracking this issue. A new Clipper version should be released soon.

I'll follow up here when we have a confirmed version with the fix. Thanks,

Hi all - thanks for your patience,

Good news! A hotfix was just released to resolve the PDF issue! Please make sure the version of Clipper for Chrome is: 7.12.1.1-33eb254. 

If you don't have that version yet, you might need to refresh your Chrome browser, or reinstall the Clipper extension. Here are the steps:

1. Open Chrome and click the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the toolbar
2. Select More tools > Extensions from the menu
3. Click Remove next to Evernote Web Clipper
4. Quit and re-open Chrome
5. Add Evernote Web Clipper back from the Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/evernote-web-clipper/pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc#

Cheers!