Narrow text in simplified web clips

EBergman

Idea

Hi! I've started to have some trouble with "Simplified" web clips using Chrome and viewing in the Windows app. Specifically, my notes end up with huge page margins on the left and right pages, and I can't seem to get rid of the problem (see the picture).

I've tried to :

• Simplify formatting
  • Remove formatting
  • Open the note in the browser
  • Decrease indents
  • Manually enlarge pictures and tables

... but to no avail. If there is no long-term way to avoid this, is there at least a quick fix for the affected notes?

Evernote_Narrow.png

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5

That looks to me like a table with multiple columns, and the text present in only one of them. I suppose that could result from the underlying structure of specific Web pages. If that's what it is, the simplest way to fix it might be to copy just the text and paste it outside the table, then delete the table.

• Like 1

I concur with EBergman. I experience the same. As my screenshots show, one clip is formatted properly, at least to me, in a way that takes up the entire note space whereas the other has the narrower margins.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 13.35.25.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 13.34.57.png

This is still a big problem after updating Safari/Security patch on High Sierra. The Safari Evernote WC always presented the cleanest and best formatted Simplified capture. Now it like the Chrome Evernote Clipper is capturing the notes with the huge gutters. Clip any NYTimes story now and you can see the differences. Can't this be fixed back to the way it was? Awful!