Is it really difficult to make a stable program?

That's it, I'm almost giving up on Evernote. Been using for ages, my whole life is there, but I just can't stand the crashes and freezings anymore. Every ***** day I have to deal with at least a couple of crashes that force me to kill the Windows app and it freezes so many times that's impossible to count. If I save a word document, if I attach absolutely anything to a note, if I do any search, etc... Is it so hard to make it work without freezing all the damn time?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
46 minutes ago, Raphael Tsavkko said:

Is it really difficult to make a stable program?

Yes, it's really difficult to make a stable program in an unstable environment

It's also really difficult to keep the devices and OS's stable.  They change constantly

• Level 5

I know this isn't helpful, but in fact it is hard to program for the wild variety of hardware and software and versions of the operating system that is the Windows universe.

Yet obviously it can be done, and since most people presumably aren't experiencing such a drastic freezing and crashing situation, there must be some specific issue on your system. As you know, we're just fellow users here, and it's hard to troubleshoot someone else's situation in depth. I presume you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and perhaps also Ctrl + click Help, then Optimize Database. Next recourse might be, since you're a Premium subscriber to contact support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

2 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I know this isn't helpful, but in fact it is hard to program for the wild variety of hardware and software and versions of the operating system that is the Windows universe.

Yet obviously it can be done, and since most people presumably aren't experiencing such a drastic freezing and crashing situation, there must be some specific issue on your system. As you know, we're just fellow users here, and it's hard to troubleshoot someone else's situation in depth. I presume you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and perhaps also Ctrl + click Help, then Optimize Database. Next recourse might be, since you're a Premium subscriber to contact support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Been having the same issues fo over 3-4 different versions, did everything I could, even asked for help from support and nothing.

Pity is, in my opinion, and being an Evernote user since they came into existence, they are just better than the competition. The latest Windows updates caused some EN crashes/slow responses on my end too - well I think it is caused by the Windows updates as it was also advertised widely - but a jump to OneNote (the only alternative I might consider) looks too scary to me. I tried but ran back very quickly. EN has a better mobile interface on Android and the OneNote interface (mobile and desktop) does not make sense to me. I expect a lot of changes in the next few months. Just take a look at their current job openings: https://evernote.com/careers#jobs. Hang in there!!!

• 4 weeks later...

+1 here.  Freezing and crashing in Windows, significan slow downs in Android.   Used to be fine, didn't even think about it.  Something changed in the last few months.   I now know how to really close EN in windows in order to reopen and get back to work.   Very slow at times in Android.  Getting harder to use.  That's MY experience.