ibere

text inside images searchable doesnt work

i have premium but cant search in image. i need help.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Have you just entered „te“, or does it still refuse to work when entering more letters ?

When was the picture loaded to the server. Which file format ?

31 minutes ago, ibere said:

i have premium but cant search in image. i need help.

The first place to check is note details to see if the image has been indexed1028418182_ScreenShot2019-09-05at13_10_41.png.b4d8ef0535449a44d49262e92bbd681a.png

A search on my Mac highlighted these 

596908699_ScreenShot2019-09-05at13_16_52.png.edea4e8464b23cd2d88cb5c86993777b.png

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

The first place to check is note details to see if the image has been indexed

I noticed my character recognition/search-in-image was not working the other day also, but rarely use it so let it slide. But now when i quickly checked an old note (over 1 year old) it says '1 image has not been indexed'!

How do you fix this??? cheers

-update- so far, and after checking 6 notes, all but one say images not indexed. The other saying all images indexed.

3 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

I noticed my character recognition/search-in-image was not working the other day also, but rarely use it so let it slide. But now when i quickly checked an old note (over 1 year old) it says '1 image has not been indexed'!

How do you fix this??? cheers

I'd try copying to a new note

Probably a question for Evernote support  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have you just entered „te“, or does it still refuse to work when entering more letters ?

When was the picture loaded to the server. Which file format ?

Jpg

Then follow the advise above by DTLow about how to see whether the picture was indexed.

If it was not indexed, try to open a new note, and copy the pic in there.

Please note that OCR will not read it character by character. It will make a guess based on dictionary information. Thus it will only OCR languages that are in the dictionary. These are currently 28, for handwriting only 11.

I have not found a list of languages in the help base, but you could search yourself, or issue a support ticket and ask whether the language of the document is supported.