Jump to content
ibere

text inside images searchable doesnt work

Recommended Posts

i have premium but cant search in image. i need help.

 

 

Screenshot_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Have you just entered „te“, or does it still refuse to work when entering more letters ?

When was the picture loaded to the server. Which file format ?

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, ibere said:

i have premium but cant search in image. i need help.

The first place to check is note details to see if the image has been indexed1028418182_ScreenShot2019-09-05at13_10_41.png.b4d8ef0535449a44d49262e92bbd681a.png

A search on my Mac highlighted these 

596908699_ScreenShot2019-09-05at13_16_52.png.edea4e8464b23cd2d88cb5c86993777b.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

The first place to check is note details to see if the image has been indexed

I noticed my character recognition/search-in-image was not working the other day also, but rarely use it so let it slide. But now when i quickly checked an old note (over 1 year old) it says '1 image has not been indexed'!

How do you fix this??? cheers

 

-update- so far, and after checking 6 notes, all but one say images not indexed. The other saying all images indexed.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

I noticed my character recognition/search-in-image was not working the other day also, but rarely use it so let it slide. But now when i quickly checked an old note (over 1 year old) it says '1 image has not been indexed'!

How do you fix this??? cheers

I'd try copying to a new note

Probably a question for Evernote support  https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have you just entered „te“, or does it still refuse to work when entering more letters ?

When was the picture loaded to the server. Which file format ?

Jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Then follow the advise above by DTLow about how to see whether the picture was indexed.

If it was not indexed, try to open a new note, and copy the pic in there.

Please note that OCR will not read it character by character. It will make a guess based on dictionary information. Thus it will only OCR languages that are in the dictionary. These are currently 28, for handwriting only 11.

I have not found a list of languages in the help base, but you could search yourself, or issue a support ticket and ask whether the language of the document is supported.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...