Option to use multiple tag in different sections of notebook

Prabakaran

Idea

in Onenote, i used to add different tag in different sections in the same notebook or page. It helps me a lot on using tag function.

in Evernote, tag function is for entire notebook. So, i suggest to enable multiple tag function in different sections of the notebook. 

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Tags are for an entire account - you have up to 100,000 if you need them.  Individual tags can be assigned to each note,  and a search for that tag will find the related note(s) wherever they are in the system.  If you wish to emulate a notebook hierarchy you can do so - all tags for the 'work' notebook could be prefixed with 'w',  as in:  w_Projects,  or could be children of a Work tag as in:

• Work
    • Projects
    • Meetings

- in each case the user is reminded not to use the Projects tag outside that notebook.

• Level 5*

OneNote does not match up structurally with Evernote. Notebooks contain only notes, and tags may be applied only to notes. There are no "sections" of a notebook (i.e. notebook subdivisions) that tags could apply to, nor are there "pages" in Evernote:

You could use tags to emulate "sections" of notebooks, but there's no inherent functionality for Evernote to treat those sections as special; they'd just be identifiable by a notebook/tag pair, just like other standard search filters.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Prabakaran said:

i suggest to enable multiple tag function in different sections of the notebook. 

I understand Evernote notebook/tags and assign both to notes.

I'm not clear on the "different sections" of a notebook.  Can you explain how to identify those sections?

11 hours ago, DTLow said:

I understand Evernote notebook/tags and assign both to notes.

I'm not clear on the "different sections" of a notebook.  Can you explain how to identify those sections?

I suppose to use different tag in one notebook but at different location instead on common or general for the entire notebook.
I'm working as a researcher, used to take notes with different tags like 'idea, solution, problem, etc. ' I dont want to place the tag in the header. I want to use a tag for particular paragraph in the notebook. Similarly another tag for next paragraph. If so, I may get selected part associated with the tag instead of complete notebook.

I have checked the option merge notebooks. I selected two notebooks with different tags to merge. after merging, tags were shown as common for both notes. But, the tag used for two notebooks are different. I dont want to use a particular tag to represent both notes.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Prabakaran said:

I dont want to place the tag in the header. I want to use a tag for particular paragraph in the notebook. Similarly another tag for next paragraph. If so, I may get selected part associated with the tag instead of complete notebook.

This seems to be a note; not a notebook

So, tags within the note contents.
I do this with keywords, for  example keyword_aaaaaa within the note contents

• Like 1