rickmoore

Cursor jumps to top of Note while typing

Often, when I'm editing the middle of a Note, the cursor jumps to the top of the Note and starts entering text there, not where I initially placed the cursor and began typing.  So, the first letter or two will appear where I began typing in the middle of the Note, then suddeny it continues to type the rest of that word at the very top of the Note. I'm using Chrome.

• Like 2

It happened to me when I use Mac client (Version 7.12) to edit notes. Can anyone fix this bug so that I could write note more smoothly?

Edited by Michael Tseng
Add more details.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Michael Tseng said:

It happened to me when I use Mac client (Version 7.12) to edit notes. Can anyone fix this bug so that I could write note more smoothly?

If you're using the Mac client, then you should report problems in the Mac forum here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/219-evernote-for-mac/ This forum is specific to the Evernote web client.

Since the new web interface was implemented it happened to me too. Impossible to type. Makes it completely unusable. Latest Firefox, latest Windows 10.

Do any of you guys type non-politically correct notes, on topics such as holistic health? It's not outside the realm of possibility that they're just messing with us ..

I have the same issue. Cursos jumps when using evernote web client. 

Im using a Chromebook / Chrome. latest version. 

I joined the Beta Text Editor program and I'm having the same issue in both versions. Classic and Beta. 

Please correct, makes this editor useless. 

• Like 1

I have also found this a problem (and have reported it via the web editor feedback button). Here is my experience:

• It happens when I use the web client. (I've not experienced it on the Windows client.)
  • It happens in Firefox and Chrome, both on Windows 10.
  • It happens on different Windows 10 machines.
  • I have only noticed it since the Beta Editor was introduced. But...
  • It happens on both the Beta Editor and the Classic Editor.

Here is what happens:

• I am typing in the middle of a text note (in Beta or Classic editor of the web client).
  • At some random point the following things happen in quick succession:
    1. The last few keystrokes are suddenly undone. If I was typing this means the last few characters disappear from the note. If I just pasted a bit of text that might disappear.
    2. The cursor jumps to the start of the note.
    3. The screen does not move to the top of the note until I type the next characters.

Note that those things happen in quick succession. So - if I am typing without pausing - it looks like the cursor has just jumped to the top of the screen in the middle of typing. But on closer inspection - when I scroll back down to where I was typing originally - I also find the few characters before what's at the top of the screen have disappeared. For example, if I type "Once upon a time" at the bottom of the document and 1, 2, and 3 happen just after I type "upon a" then I will see " time" at the top of the screen, scroll back to the bottom, and see just "Once up".

A slightly different effect happens if I am typing and the bug occurs a moment after I pause to think. In this case, steps 1 and 2 have happened, but 3 has not yet happened because I've not typed anything more. In this case the effect is that I will see my typed text, I will see the last few keystrokes mysteriously undone before my eyes(!), and the blinking cursor after that text will have disappeared. Scrolling to the top of the note I will see the cursor blinking away there.

Yes, this is very annoying, and yes, it does make it near-impossible to work in the web editor.

Sorry to follow up so quickly, but I've just looked at the network traffic that happens when I edit a note. It seems (from only about 10 minutes of testing) that the bug coincides with a call to Google Analytics (or other Google domains). Network traffic happens with evernote.com while I type happily, but I see the bug occuring and Google traffic appearing at the same time. If I have time I will try blocking that domain to see if it helps.

ScreenClip.png