Hyphens inserted into titles

Hi folks,

In the last 2 months or so, I have noticed that, occasionally, hypens are inserted into the titles of new notes. These hypens not only replace the spaces between the title words but always insert a hyphen before the "ion" of any word containing those letters.

For example:

Titled entered:   This is a title caption

Becomes:  This-is-a-title-capt-ion

This only occurs with notes created in Evernote for Mac and appears to also relate to notes created by duplicating an existing note, rather than creating a new blank note.

This has become quite annoying as I have to keep edited the titles after creating the new note. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this bug and/or can offer any solution (other than wait for the alleged new version of Evernote for Mac).

Thanks.

Yes @PinkElephant, I have set up some Keyboard Maestro text expansion macros set up and I use one in particular with almost every Evernote, inserting the reverse date at the start of the title (yyyy-mm-dd). It was most certainly used on the notes that had their titles altered. Do you think that is messing things up somehow? 

I can’t see how the macro would effect the title given that the change I mentioned happens long after the macro has finished executing. I’ve also been using this macro for years without any issue. There is nothing to turn off as such but I simply won’t execute the macro and see if the behaviour continues. The issue seems to be somehow be associated with the sync process as the change to the title only appears after the note has synced. I’ll see if I can produce the exact steps to replicate the issue (without the macro being used).

• Level 5

For me it is as well only a shot into the dark.

I do not have any of the problem described on my MacBook Pro, and this is how far I can assist here. If nobody else joins in, probably the best next step would be to float a support ticket, and look where it will take you.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

For me it is as well only a shot into the dark.

I do not have any of the problem described on my MacBook Pro, and this is how far I can assist here. If nobody else joins in, probably the best next step would be to float a support ticket, and look where it will take you.

Thanks for your help @PinkElephant. 👍Given that I am the only one seeing this behaviour I am more inclined to believe that it is something to do with something I am doing (e.g. the KM macro) rather than a server side sync issue. I'll report back if I solve the mystery. Cheers. 😀

• Thanks 1