Merge notes is limited- Screen Tray box required

seebee

Idea

Merge notes is great when the selected notes are either in the same notebook or not miles apart when in the 'show all notes' view.

Is there a way to select multiple notes from different notebooks to merge?

If not, I suggest a tray area on the main screen that you can drop notes into to group in various ways.

• Merge notes from different Notebooks
  • Create table of contents for notes from different Notebooks
  • Ability to switch the tray area on or off

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, seebee said:

Is there a way to select multiple notes from different notebooks to merge?

I merge notes on my Mac; it's not a notebook thing - I usually work in All Notes view

I use command-click to select the notes

12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I merge notes on my Mac; it's not a notebook thing - I usually work in All Notes view

Generally for me it's not a problem, because I select notes from a single notebook. But do you find that you are scrolling a lot to select notes that placed a long way apart?

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, seebee said:

But do you find that you are scrolling a lot to select notes that placed a long way apart?

Actually not much scrolling.  My notes are in updated date sequence, and the notes are close to each other

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, seebee said:

Generally for me it's not a problem, because I select notes from a single notebook. But do you find that you are scrolling a lot to select notes that placed a long way apart?

If you are scrolling a lot you could add a temp tag to the notes to be merged, search on the tag, merge, delete the tag.  Workaround.  Or create a temp notebook and drag the notes there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CalS said:

If you are scrolling a lot you could add a temp tag to the notes to be merged, search on the tag, merge, delete the tag.  Workaround.  Or create a temp notebook and drag the notes there.

I like that. I might even call the temp notebook "tray"

• Like 1