Enable add saved Search in Search interface

I use saved searches a lot, I have them pinned to top bar. But I do not add new saved searches very regularly, so I always forget how its done. 

I'm always looking for the "add saved search" in the Search panel to no luck.

I would love to have the "add saved search" function available in the Search panel.

SaveSearchScreenshot.png

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

If you mean shortcuts bar by top bar, just drag the saved search to the shortcuts bar.

But you gotta create the saved search before you can drag it to wherever (I use the left panel as opposed to the toolbar). 

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, jefito said:

But you gotta create the saved search before you can drag it to wherever (I use the left panel as opposed to the toolbar). 

Okay....   It was the OPs mention of top bar.  I have a few saved searches in the shortcut toolbar but I access the rest from the magnifying glass in the left panel as ribbon.  As you know saved searches are easy to access there.  Ctrl + Q is always an option as well.  

16 hours ago, jefito said:

Right click on the search panel. Select "Save Search..." works for me.

Oh, wow. I feel stupid that I never tried that. Thanks!

Let's just hope that I still remember it next time I need to save a search 🙂

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, PerElvis said:

Don't rub it in!

🙂

No, not at all. Right-click is really, really important in Windows, but it's not necessarily obvious where it applies, as in this case. So it's good to get into the habit of right clicking on any/everything to see what secrets lie within... if any...

Archived