copy and paste from outlook no worky

Having this exact same issue.  Highlighting text in Mac Outlook, copying and then pasting in Evernote does not work.  I can paste the text in other applications, but not Evernote.  This is killing my productivity and I'll need to switch to a different note taking application.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks ReyTol3.  I was super frustrated.   Turning off dark mode worked.  I would MUCH rath have it on, but like copy and pasting even more.  Hope EN fixes, but until then, thanks for getting copy and paste back for me!

• 2 weeks later...

On the Mac, I got it to work by using shift-cmd-v.   Look in the edit menu for "Paste and Match Style" . I never would have thought of it because it CHANGES the style from White on Black to Black on White.

I shall have to change the meaning of the word "Match" in the dictionary.  ;)

It's been driving me crazy--and that is a pretty long drive!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've noticed this behavior and found it to be somewhat unpredictable but just figured something out:  I can copy/paste from Outlook into Evernote as long as Dark Mode isn't enabled on the email message itself. In my Outlook for Mac v16.37, there's a button called "Switch Background" which will toggle light/dark mode on the message content. As long it's toggled to the light background, copy/paste into Evernote seems to work just fine for me.

• Like 1

I have the same issue! 

On 5/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, brian_t_grant said:

I've noticed this behavior and found it to be somewhat unpredictable but just figured something out:  I can copy/paste from Outlook into Evernote as long as Dark Mode isn't enabled on the email message itself. In my Outlook for Mac v16.37, there's a button called "Switch Background" which will toggle light/dark mode on the message content. As long it's toggled to the light background, copy/paste into Evernote seems to work just fine for me.

This method fixed the problem, but we still want to use Dark Mode in Outlook and still can copy and paste content into Evernote. Why does an easy task become a trouble? I'm a paid user and very disappointed. How can I report this issue to expedite the fixing? 

On 5/22/2020 at 1:25 AM, landau said:

I have the same issue! 

This method fixed the problem, but we still want to use Dark Mode in Outlook and still can copy and paste content into Evernote. Why does an easy task become a trouble? I'm a paid user and very disappointed. How can I report this issue to expedite the fixing? 

I mostly posted this for the folks whose workaround involves emailing from Outlook which seems like way more work than toggling off the message pane's dark display for the copy portion. Either way, I agree. That said, I think there's an entry further up this thread about filing a ticket with Evernote since discussion here doesn't mean that an issue is officially reported & will be addressed.

• 2 months later...

August 2020 and this is still an issue. I use dark mode for everything so no way am I turning it off. Someone said that EN support doesn't monitor these forums? Would they rather just get 100 duplicate tickets?

Same issue here. Like crobicha said, there is no way I am going to stop using dark mode. Right now, I have to copy, paste into slack, copy, paste into evernote......

Also, the only reason I am not actively beta testing the new Evernote is because it doesn't have a dark mode. I am so used to it that it freaks me out not to have it that way.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, dognillah said:

Same issue here. Like crobicha said, there is no way I am going to stop using dark mode. Right now, I have to copy, paste into slack, copy, paste into evernote......

Also, the only reason I am not actively beta testing the new Evernote is because it doesn't have a dark mode. I am so used to it that it freaks me out not to have it that way.

Same reason for me not using the beta, I would like to use it but not having dark-mode is a dealbreaker

• 9 months later...

I'm still having this problem with current version.  It works sometimes, but other times freezes up Evernote for a minute.  My workaround is to first paste into Notepad++ then copy that and paste into Evernote.  

• 1 year later...

dear friends,
I offer you the 100% working solution on how to copy paste text with images with 1 click only :

1/ Download Evernote legacy (from official Evernote website: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote )

2/ copy/paste text with images with no issues

p.s.: you can have the latest Evernote AND Evernote legacy both on 1 pc, so you can have the benefits of the advanced latest version, with the basic good working copy/paste options of the legacy version

Have a great 2023 everyone !