How to change default app when attaching photo

Go to solution Solved by Dave-in-Decatur,

Hello everyone! 

Yesterday when I was trying to attach photo to my notebook Evernote asked me which app it should use for choosing images I'd like to add (I had to choose between google drive, gallery, some app menager etc) so I choose google drive and instead of 'Only once' I clicked 'always' and now I can't attach images from example from gallery because it redictering me to google drive. I was looking for option to change it in app settings, phone settings, I uninstall Evernote and cleared app data, nothing works.

So how to change default aplication from google drive to for example gallery when I'm attaching my photos? 

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5
  • Solution

On my phone (a Samsung Note8 running Android 9), I can go to Settings > Apps, and then when the long list of apps has loaded, I can tap the 3-dots menu in the top right corner and select Default apps. That brings up a short list of apps that have been set as default for something. There are various categories there, and under each category that has a default app set I can tap it and change the default app. If what I'm looking for is not in that list, I can tap a link at the bottom, "Set as default," and that will bring up the whole list of apps again, this time with each app marked with either "Set as default" or "None set as default." For apps marked "Set as default," tapping them brings up a screen with the information "This app is set to open by default for some actions," and a button "Clear defaults." Tap that button, and the app is no longer set as default for anything. Frankly, this seems like an extremely crude way to manage defaults, but it's what Google/Android has chosen to do. I hope this will be some help.

• Thanks 1