Web Clipper 6.13.2 Safari Frustrations

jfkaess

Idea

Two things have been frustrating me about the Web Clipper Extension in Safari for quite a while now:

1. Whenever i open Safari it loads my default homepage, but ALSO loads in a separate tab a page for the Web Browser. I don't need or want that to open every time i load Safari. No other Safari extension does this.

2. Whenever i go to Amazon.com the Web Clipper pops up on the right offering to clip the page. Why? I have an icon for Web Clipper in my Safari toolbar that i can click on any time i need it. Why does it pop up on Amazon.com?

I'd love it if these two issues could be resolved.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, jfkaess said:

Two things have been frustrating me about the Web Clipper Extension in Safri for quite a while now

I'm not seeing this on my Mac.  Can you post screenshots?

I don't use Alfred, and i've now conformed that this behavior only occurs the first time i open Safari after rebooting, and the first time i go to Amazon and view a singl;e product after a reboot. Here are the 2 screenshots.

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.06.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 4.08.25 PM.png

• Level 5

Seems somebody has to go down to the engine department to have a closer look at this.

In my opinion you should ask support to get involved, including protocol files.

Do you still have any coverage by Apple ? New product, Apple care or something ? 

If yes, or even if not, maybe you could post a question there as well. I found Apple support quite helpful in the past, and in the end Safari is their baby.