Move a new note to another book

lordanubis

Idea

Hi,

Using Evernote regularly, I have one very annoying thing.

When I pres the plus button to crate a new note, most of the times it has the wrong book. 

So I select a new book and gone is my new note.

If I type first the titel and add some text, and the change the book, the note is gone.

I know it is somewhere inside the chosen book, but it it is ridiculous that it disappears even when you are typing right after the book change. It should stay there because it is my currently working note.

Is there in the meantime a way to avoid this?

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lordanubis said:

When I pres the plus button to crate a new note, most of the times it has the wrong book. 

I'm usually working in All Notes and new notes are assigned to my default notebook (@Inbox)

After enterring note title and content, I assign notebook and tags 

My default sequence is update date, so new notes are at the top of the list

Thank you for your reply. Okay, I understand the way you work, but after I assigned the notebook, my note jumps away. I got a empty note area. Mine are not date sorted.

So what is the thought/logical behind that, the jumping away?

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, lordanubis said:

Is your note list filtered for a specific notebook?

As I said, I usually work in All Notes

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, lordanubis said:

The thought is that you are working in a particular notebook, and you want to move one or more notes elsewhere. So you change the not's notebook, but you stay in your original notebook view, so you can't now see that note. .

If you're using the Windows application, you can open the note in a separate window, and change to a new notebook, and it won't disappear. Or wait until you're done with the note until you move it to a different notebook. Or you can work in All Notes, at @DTLowsuggests.

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, lordanubis said:

If you are working on notes that are in a search result go to Tools - Options - Search and uncheck Search when a note is updated.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, CalS said:

If you are working on notes that are in a search result go to Tools - Options - Search and uncheck Search when a note is updated.

You are a *star*! 

• Thanks 1