Evernote Desktop on a Google Chromebook?

• Level 5

Time to get a new computer. I think I know the answer, but wanted to get someone else's viewpoint.

I've used Evernote Windows Desktop exclusively (55,000 notes) for many years.

Would I be able to run Evernote Desktop on a new Google Chromebook?

It appears everything is in the cloud and my only solution would be the Evernote web version (which would not be acceptable).

Thank  you

https://www.google.com/chromebook/

• Level 5
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

...There are three different versions of Evernote web,  accessible in settings...

In the Evernote web settings, I only see

• ACCOUNT (web beta or classic)
  • GET MORE (points)
  • SECURITY
  • PAYMENT

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

In the Evernote web settings, I only see

• ACCOUNT (web beta or classic)
  • GET MORE (points)
  • SECURITY
  • PAYMENT

I get confused - the new beta is (I think) not an option that appears in Settings,  it's an invitation that appears when you're using one of the other two.  This is how my options look...

ScreenClip.png.8897c64733dcc21e893c0d484f853476.png

• Level 5
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

I get confused - the new beta is (I think) not an option that appears in Settings,  it's an invitation that appears when you're using one of the other two.  This is how my options look...

ScreenClip.png.8897c64733dcc21e893c0d484f853476.png

Yes, I had the same option when I tried the Beta. I had several problems with the Beta, so I went back to the Classic web. 

I do not consider either web version to be viable for power users with lots of notes and who use Evernote often throughout the day.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Like many I continue to be frustrated with the inconsistencies across the various apps for evernote. The Chromebook 'desktop app' (from the PlayStore) just seems to be a version of the old classic web app and bears no comparison with the Windows desktop (and presumably the Mac desktop). In others words, it's horrible! 

I too preferred the classic web app but having been pointed towards the newer beta version I do ind that a slight improvement but agree it is does not enable the kind of work you can do with the desktop app.

The Windows desktop app lacks many features it really ought to have acquired by now - e.g. better markup and annotation, and commenting. Oh yes, and a tool bar you can actually see!