SOLVED -Online Links-to-Notes Open in EN-for-Windows

I have attempted to find a solution to this (see title) for sometime. I would generate links, Web-Links (CTRL+/   -or-   'Copy Share URL)  from EN-for-Windows desktop app, paste these to other Online websites e.g. Asana.com   But when clicked, these links, would take me to EN-WEB ...with the next issue being EN-WEB then instructed me to 'Save Copy to Evernote'...arrghh

Creating 'Classic In-App Links' (CTRL+ALT+L) from EN-for-Windows e.g  evernote:///view/  ...could also be pasted in to online websites, if pasted as plain text, but then these links aren't recognised by online websites such as Asana.com.  However these 'Classic Links' work perfect if pasting in to other Apps installed on your PC, such as MS Word/Outlook/Excel ...no problem at all and work fine. 

But again my issue was wanting links I pasted to online websites, to open in EN-Desktop, not EN Web... and definitely not resulting in saving a copy of the note

Whilst not perfect - I finally found how to make this work... and the trick is to generate the link off the Web, for the Web, or in other words I need to go to EN-Web to generate the Note-link, not EN-Desktop.  I have copy-pasted my own use-notes below. And for fun copied all the notes I have clipped since trying to figure this out.

USE NOTES:   LINK TO EN-for-WINDOWS DESKTOP NOTES - FROM:

>>1 OTHER PC DESKTOP APP
Generate a CLASSIC IN-APP LINK, looks like evernote:///view, (CTRL+ALT+L - or go Menu>Note>'Copy Internal Link') from EN-DESKTOP APP > Paste Resulting Link to Other Local PC App e.g MS Word - works great.

>>2 ANY ONLINE WEBSITE
Must Generate a NOTE-LINK from EN-WEB (Click ellipses top left of screen) > Must Be Using OLD Version of EN-WEB (not Beta version) and EN-Desktop must be opened on PC. NOTE- The Desktop Note will open as a Separate Window PLUS your Browser will show the same note in a separate Browser Tab. There is no way to disable this, as this is due to the need of the server to read the link first from the server, and call out the note in the app.  Finally, if you ever delete your EN cookies from your browser, you will once again be prompted and need to choose where to open the links - see image below

image.png.6347dd221a33d83c3b086cfb6b247b3d.pngimage.png.14c19e52f42c993f1d91e6a4bd69c7e3.png 

RELATED FORUM THREADS I READ TO ARRIVE AT THE ABOVE

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...