Word Document doesn't sync

mpvx

Idea

I purchased Evernote Premium so I could start working on a Microsoft Word document on my laptop, move over to my desktop and have the document sync and be available there. However, this no longer seems to be working. After syncing, the desktop version is outdated. I have noticed that happening frequently with things - they just don't seem to update. Any thoughts on how to ensure everything is updated across my devices? Thank you.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

The sync process is      Device  <>  Server  <>  Device

To isolate sync issues, check the master data version on the server at www.evernote.com

>>I purchased Evernote Premium so I could start working on a Microsoft Word document ...

The sync process includes file attachments, and is supported for all account levels

As a Premium account you can open a support ticket at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, mpvx said:

I purchased Evernote Premium so I could start working on a Microsoft Word document on my laptop, move over to my desktop and have the document sync and be available there. However, this no longer seems to be working. After syncing, the desktop version is outdated. I have noticed that happening frequently with things - they just don't seem to update. Any thoughts on how to ensure everything is updated across my devices? Thank you.

So you're saying that the document is showing as updated in the note on the machine that you edit it, but the attachment isn't syncing to your other device?

Is this on Windows? Mac?

Yes, that's correct. I checked the version on the web, and it is not the same version as the one on my WIndows laptop. I have clicked Sync several times, but it does not appear to update on the Web and then to my other device, a Windows PC.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mpvx said:

Yes, that's correct. I checked the version on the web, and it is not the same version as the one on my WIndows laptop. I have clicked Sync several times, but it does not appear to update on the Web and then to my other device, a Windows PC.

You've isolated the point of failure
You might want to open a support ticket on this at   https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

If it was me, I'd try another update to the Word document and see if it sync's