Change Password - Lost ALL My Stuff

Gregrk

Idea

Evernote forced me to change my password. When I did... ALL of my stuff was gone. All. Of. It. It's now like I'm a brand new user. Hundreds of notes that I thought were safe are gone. Is there any chance that I can get them back? Since I just have a Basic account, Evernote support is not an option for me.

Thanks,

Greg

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I'd be almost certain that when logging in you accidentally used a different credential--a different username or email address--and thus did in fact create a brand new account.

How did it come about that Evernote forced you to change your password? I've never seen that. Try logging in again, being sure to use the email address and/or username you used for your existing account.

When I went to log in (the same way I always do... my Mac remembers my log in and password), it gave me a message saying that an email has been sent to me (the same one I always use for Evernote) with a link to change my password. At that point I could not get past the login screen until I changed my password. There it was in my email of record on Evernote. So I changed the password... used that password on the login screen that was still up there for my account... and you know the rest. 

Greg

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Gregrk said:

When I went to log in (the same way I always do... my Mac remembers my log in and password), it gave me a message saying that an email has been sent to me (the same one I always use for Evernote) with a link to change my password. At that point I could not get past the login screen until I changed my password. There it was in my email of record on Evernote. So I changed the password... used that password on the login screen that was still up there for my account... and you know the rest. 

Bypass Evernote/Mac and log into Evernote using the web platform at www.evernote.com

There's a button for lost password

• Level 5

You most likely type your userID with a wrong character. A single typo, and you open a new account instead of changing the password for the existing one.

Please check if this have happened.

In this case, erase the new, empty account before moving on with your existing one.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056549574