ScanSnap Evernote Edition software

• Level 5

There seems to be no actual software any more. If you search the forum, you will find posts way back complaining about problems with the firmware, and no solution. Fujitsu has discontinued development.

- If your scanner is still working, continue as it is.

- If you have problems, then the only solutions seems to be to convert it into a standard ix500. To do this, get the most recent firmware from Fujitsu, and download it to the ix500/EN-edition. Somewhere in the forum was a good description step-by-step. It will stop to behave like an edition scanner, but it will work again.

There is no way back, so after the new firmware got deployed, this is it. I have a standard ix500, working fine ...

So before doing so, maybe invest some time into a more profound research, here in the forum and elsewhere.

• Like 1

Thanks....I actually lucked out and found the original setup file.  When I run the file, it downloads the latest version from somewhere....Fujitsu maybe?  It's working as it should be so that's all I care about.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RobD said:

Thanks....I actually lucked out and found the original setup file.  When I run the file, it downloads the latest version from somewhere....Fujitsu maybe?  It's working as it should be so that's all I care about.  Thanks again. 

Oh good. I'm glad you found it. :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...