noduslabs

Making sense of all the Evernote notes

I have a lot of notes in my Evernote folders and sometimes I need to have a sort of overview that shows me what they're all about and how they connect. To address this problem I created an open source tool that can visualize the text contained inside the notes as a graph network, so you can see the main terms, how they connect, and the main topics inside. A bit like a tag cloud but with the added context. I thought I'd post it here in case you're interested as over the last years it has been updated quite a lot and has a lot of features like sharing, comparing the different folders, identifying the narrative shifts, etc. Here it is: www.infranodus.com

Let me know if you're looking for some specific features as I would be happy to add them to this tool...

infranodus-news-english.jpg.547576160b8b97aab057420d0beda9ab.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi.  I have used this app a few times since you first posted in 2015.  It seems very capable,  though I haven't found a specific use for the additional insights.  Thanks for the reminder though - I have a current project to collect events at different venues around the UK over the next couple of years and this might help give me new perspectives...

Hi, Noduslab! Thanks for sharing it here again. Since I didn't catch it the first time you posted, I'm looking forward to trying it out with some of the lengthy notes I have in my Evernote folders. That said, congratulations on building the tool, and keeping it open source. I haven't had time to explore properly yet, but after watching all the videos on your site, I plan to try it out in the coming days. I confess that I was full of ideas.

10 hours ago, noduslabs said:

I have a lot of notes in my Evernote folders and sometimes I need to have a sort of overview that shows me what they're all about and how they connect. To address this problem I created an open source tool that can visualize the text contained inside the notes as a graph network, so you can see the main terms, how they connect, and the main topics inside. A bit like a tag cloud but with the added context. I thought I'd post it here in case you're interested as over the last years it has been updated quite a lot and has a lot of features like sharing, comparing the different folders, identifying the narrative shifts, etc. Here it is: www.infranodus.com

Let me know if you're looking for some specific features as I would be happy to add them to this tool...

infranodus-news-english.jpg.547576160b8b97aab057420d0beda9ab.jpg

This looks really interesting. Thank you for sharing it again. Look forward to checking it out.

Yes I’m going to put out some interesting use cases with my own Evernote notes. 

Another cool feature is if you Google using InfraNodus — the button next to the edit after you log in — it gives a pretty good representation of a topic that interests you (even if it’s just your own name:) and helps you explore some relevant information along the way. 

https://noduslabs.com/features/overload/

CD879774-0D06-42E3-A0DB-E06D2CCCE3FE.jpeg

18 hours ago, noduslabs said:

Yes I’m going to put out some interesting use cases with my own Evernote notes.

Please,  do it! For sure will highlight some cool things we can do using both tools.

I have a probably silly question, since I just tested Evernote today, for the first time. I am very much interested in InfraNodus, so my only question is how do you use it on your Evernote notes? It's not a plugin, so I guess I should export my nodes? But how?

On 10/30/2019 at 12:33 AM, Boris Rusev said:

I have a probably silly question, since I just tested Evernote today, for the first time. I am very much interested in InfraNodus, so my only question is how do you use it on your Evernote notes? It's not a plugin, so I guess I should export my nodes? But how?

You need to sign up with InfraNodus and in that process you'll give it access to a subset of your notes.  It'll do its magic and show you any linkages it finds.  It might be unwise to use this for anything serious as yet though - you're new to Evernote and just getting to use this third-party add-in.  Get some notes together and see what sort of analysis results.  If it seems useful you may be able to try it out on a real world task in a few weeks...