Size of Images Inserted into Notes

• Level 5*

Hi.  In Windows it's possible to grab the bottom right corner of a selected image to change the size,  or embed the image in a table.  In Android it may be possible to use the table option if you have a note template you can use.  Otherwise it's a question of waiting until you can edit the note in a desktop...

• Level 5*

That's purely the displayed size.  The original image file is unchanged.  The only way to amend that is to open the image in another app,  resize it,  and resave.  On a mobile it's also possible to preselect the size of images taken by the device camera,  and share/ attach those to Evernote notes from the Gallery. 

If using the Evernote camera I believe the app chooses an 'appropriate' file size depending on whether this is a document,  a business card or a picture.  You'd have to take the same picture and save as three different documents to confirm the file sizes involved (or look at the note sizes to check for differences).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, so I was fooling around with the camera, and stumbled upon what might be a strange bug. The image shown on screen doesn't seem to be exactly the same as that actually captured. 

Notice the additional white space (wall) to the left of my door frame in the actual captured image. 

Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-59-01-827_com.evernote.png

Screenshot_2019-08-03-08-59-38-867_com.evernote.png

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, mmmaak said:

stumbled upon what might be a strange bug

Weird.  Checked my device camera and the Evernote feature,  and in the case of a Galaxy Note 4 (I'm well behind the times) the edge you see is the edge you get in both cases.  Suggest you check the device camera for the same extra coverage - it might just be your device that gives extra.  What phone is it anyway?  (..and why were you taking the picture from floor level??)

31 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Weird.  Checked my device camera and the Evernote feature,  and in the case of a Galaxy Note 4 (I'm well behind the times) the edge you see is the edge you get in both cases.  Suggest you check the device camera for the same extra coverage - it might just be your device that gives extra.  What phone is it anyway?  (..and why were you taking the picture from floor level??)

Will try some screenshot vs actual photo comparisons later, but if my device is adding extra coverage, it isn't something that I noticed previously. It's a Xiaomi Pocophone, by the way. Mi's "budget flagship". 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

OK that's officially 'weird'.  You're a subscriber,  so I suggest you report it to Support as a possible bug - don't know why Evernote would see hidden parts of a picture that the camera itself apparently doesn't save - but at least it's not a block on your saving pictures;  you can always crop the view slightly after capture if necessary...