Create numerous tags on Android, and other

Hi all...

Can I setup tags I will be using later, from my Android? Or, only set up tags when in an actual note?

How can I tag multiple notes at once?

Where do I download web clipper, or is it not for Android? What should I use if that is the case?

REALLY hard time finding one place for comprehensive lessons using Android.

Thanks much...

• Level 5
On 7/26/2019 at 6:53 PM, Morgandy said:

Where do I download web clipper, or is it not for Android? What should I use if that is the case?

Hi, @Morgandy, and welcome to the forums! I'm not a big tag user, so others will need to answer your tag-related questions. But I can respond to this matter. Web clipper is not a feature of the Android app. Instead, when viewing a Web page you want to "clip," go to your browser's menu and choose Share. There, among the standard Android share options, should be one to Add to Evernote. Tap that, and the Evernote elephant icon will pop up with a circle spinning around it. Tap the elephant (pretty quickly, it won't stay there long) and you can choose options for the notebook and tags to associate with the clip, and whether or not you want to clip the full article. If you don't choose to clip the whole article, you'll just get a link. So it's more limited than the Web clipper available on computers, and it can sometimes take awhile for a page to be fully clipped, but it does work.

Let me also recommend a little app called Speed Clipper. It's a little odd to operate, but it lets you add multiple text clips to a single note. The app will add a Speed Clipper option to the menu for selected text. The process is first start Speed Clipper and choose a notebook and a note to which to add text. Then go to as many Web pages, documents, etc., as you want, select the text you want to save, and choose Speed Clipper from the popup menu. The text selections will be added to the end of the note you chose.

Hope this is helpful!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 7/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, Morgandy said:

Can I setup tags I will be using later, from my Android? Or, only set up tags when in an actual note?

How can I tag multiple notes at once?

These are deficiencies in the mobile platforms;

• tags can only be created when assigning to notes
  • multiple notes can not be selected for tag assignment
  • Level 5*

My Androids are currently on charge,  but a trick that works on a desktop is to save a list of tags separated by commas.  Forinstance:  <tag1>,<tag2>,<tag3>,<tag4>,<tag5>

Copy and paste that into the note tag field and Evernote will convert it into individual tags.

If that doesn't work in Android,  there's no bar to your doing the same thing in a note called Set Up Tags (or similar) and copy / pasting individual tags (if necessary) when setting up a new note.