Additional Sort Buttons

I'm new on this forum, so I don't know, if this has been suggested before: Basically, I use and need two sort functions: 'by date descending' (to get the newest notes first) and 'by title ascending' (to get an alphabetical listing). As things are now, I always need three clicks to change the order: 1. on 'Sort options', 2. on 'Created' or 'Title', 3. on 'Reversed Sort Order'.

It would be nice to have two (maybe optional) additional buttons at the top of the middle column, that condense these three clicks into one, i.e.: 'Newest first' and 'Alphabetically' or 'A-Z'.

• Level 5*

Depends on the view you use in Windows desktop.  If you use Side List or Top List you can click on the column heading to change the sort.  Not so much in the other views.  I use side list with the left panel closed as my default view so easy access to sorting the columns that are visible. 

Obviously if you are married to Snippet this doesn't help.  As a workaround of sorts, If there are conditions (specific notebook, search or tag) where you want single click sorting you could save the view for those conditions using Side/Top List View which would get you what you need.

Screen shot of sort of Title ascending in Side List view.  Were I to single click Created at this point the search would change to Created ascending.  

ScreenClip.png.395dfd4cc57abebc20f660b63bee751e.png

• Level 5*
On 7/24/2019 at 2:37 AM, rengel said:

As things are now, I always need three clicks to change the order

To be honest, the extra clicks are not significant for me
Mostly I'm using update/descending sequence

I understand Windows allows assignment of sequence to notebook views; 
I use shortcut keys on my Mac to switch to other views that include sequence

>>It would be nice to have two (maybe optional) additional buttons at the top of the middle column, that condense these three clicks into one, i.e.: 'Newest first' and 'Alphabetically' or 'A-Z'.

Currently, I have this icon 609913933_ScreenShot2019-07-26at07_10_57.png.67eb3d84fc2599001a4675286e516d4d.png  for sequence
I think it's confusing if we have buttons for each option; there's more than 22142119554_ScreenShot2019-07-26at07_23_55.png.045d3699fccbd2993b7b3a746f91a107.png

Archived