Personalized email?

AnnDroidGirl

Idea

The mail to address that Evernote generates is pretty cool, but I was hoping that at some point they could make it editable.  Say it's evernoteuser3432432@m.evernote.com . it would be awesome if it could just be your username instead.  Anyone else think this would be a cool addition?  

7 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, AnnDroidGirl said:

The mail to address that Evernote generates is pretty cool, but I was hoping that at some point they could make it editable.  Say it's evernoteuser3432432@m.evernote.com . it would be awesome if it could just be your username instead.  Anyone else think this would be a cool addition?  

When I first started out using this feature I had the same idea. I've been using it for quite a while and really like that it's not editable (probably one of the few that thinks that way lol). For me it's a security thing. The mail to email is less likely to get into the hands of anyone that shouldn't have it if it's randomly generated.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
23 hours ago, AnnDroidGirl said:

My solution was to crate a contact with a simple name for my EN email address (EN Ann for example).  Then when I forward anything easy to remember the "address".  FWIW.

• Like 1

For those who have the desire for ultimate personalization (not for the average user), and you have/register your own domain, you can create a forwarding email of your own design to your existing Evernote email-into address. So, if you had mypersonaldomain.com you could create an alias forwarding address evernote@mypersonaldomain.com to send to your evernoteuser3432432@m.evernote.com address. 

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

you can create a forwarding email of your own design to your existing Evernote email-into address. 

A mail forwarding rule is a feature of most email client software.
It also resolves an issue with Evernote dropping mail header information.

>>I like to create project-based email addresses for colleagues to email into my Evernote project notebook.

fwiw Some email clients support adding +<text> to the email name
          For example mail to DTLow+Projectx@gmail.com is directed to my DTLow email account

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

A mail forwarding rule is a feature of most email client software.

It also resolves an issue with Evernote dropping mail header information.

Yes, that can be done quite easily. It simply doesn't help the user with aesthetics/control of that email address, especially if you're sharing it with others (such as close family members, colleagues, or an administrative assistant).

I like to create project-based email addresses for colleagues to email into my Evernote project notebook. Then, upon completion of that project, I delete that email address. Now, I don't worry about them continuing to litter my Evernote account with forwarded messages (even by mistake). 😉