Notes deleted after upgrade

Most of my notes are gone... deleted presumably, after 'upgrading' to the web version (I believe).  I found a post about downgrading to prior versions but it didn't seem to apply to Mac.

Can anyone help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  What??  A blank account usually means you logged into a new account.  Please log out of everything,  power everything off... and then restart with your original user details.  An update would not 'delete' notes. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, WhoDat said:

Most of my notes are gone... deleted presumably, after 'upgrading' to the web version (I believe).  I found a post about downgrading to prior versions but it didn't seem to apply to Mac.

Can anyone help?

You're posting in the Mac forum.

What do  you mean about 'upgrading' to the web version.

I did not say I had a blank account...  a few notes are there but most are missing.  Yes, I'm posting in the Mac forum - because I am running on a Mac.

Also, I have only created one Evernote account.  Recently, I noticed an 'upgrade'-type pop-up (don't recall the specifics), but went ahead with it.  Next time I logged in, it required me to log in (not typical when I'd click the Mac desktop icon) and all my important notes were missing.

This post in another forum states that there are such issues with the web version:  "Important notes deleted - help needed urgently and unable to figure out how to send email to support"

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, WhoDat said:

Next time I logged in, it required me to log in (not typical when I'd click the Mac desktop icon) and all my important notes were missing.

The master version of our data is stored on the Evernote servers.

You can check your  data using the web platform at www.evernote.com

Confirm the status of your notes there