format specific search within titles

ayeroof

Idea

Hello - I sent in a support email regarding a search problem I was having. Ticket # 2879346.  The support tech was very helpful in re--creating the issue and stating that it was something I'd have to request a feature update on. 

Basically, I have an 8 year journal in which the title of an entry takes the format of "YYYY_MM_DD - Day of Week"  If I want to search entries for a date, say 07_04, there is no way of doing this. The intitle syntax doesn't work.

Seems like this should be a very simple thing to search for. I'm forced to use onenote for work and use the same format above for meeting notes, agendas, etc and the search feature works seemlessly and flawlessly without any special syntax.  

Your consideration would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 7/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, ayeroof said:

Basically, I have an 8 year journal in which the title of an entry takes the format of "YYYY_MM_DD - Day of Week"  If I want to search entries for a date, say 07_04, there is no way of doing this. The intitle syntax doesn't work.

Yes. It known that Evernote's search language doesn't do infix searching; it only matches from the start of the word, title, or tag name. There are any number of previous requests to change the search language in different ways, and this one has been requested before.

• Level 5*
On 7/17/2019 at 8:27 AM, ayeroof said:

My date format is yyyy/mm/dd.  I converted from using _ as a divider
My daily journal title example is: 2019/07/18 Journal  [Thursday]
I  can search for intitle:"07/04"

The logic behind this is that special characters are ignored (except for _)  
My date becomes "yyyy mm dd", and my search becomes "07 04"

>>it was something I'd have to request a feature update on.

Currently search only supports "begins with" for each text element.  As per @Jefito. your request is for infix searching