Constantly freezing require windows repair everytime

I have reinstalled the app in my Windows 10, I3 8th gen. But still it is randomly freezing when I type something. The app doesn't open after that. I have to go to apps section and repair it. Only then it works but that too only for half an hour.

I am thinking of buying evernote premium, will the same issue remain or it can be resolved? Please help....!

• Level 5*

Hi.  We're a (mainly) user-supported Forum,  so your guess as to Evernote fix times is probably as good as ours. 

One major benefit of being a subscriber is having access to Evernote's email and chat support services here where someone could probably talk you through any option choices you may be able to make to minimise any issues you're facing,  and your input could help Evernote prevent similar issues in future.  On the plus side,  there are 250M (ish) Evernote users,  a big chunk of whom must be using Windows 10 like us. 

If all of them were suffering the same sort if instabilities that you apparently seem to have,  there would be a bit of a riot going on here. 

While I'm not exactly impressed with Evernote's current speed and stability,  it's far from unusable.  You seem to be very much an edge case. 

Whatever you're currently experiencing will continue if you do subscribe - the packages aren't any different,  you just have higher limits.  But as mentioned,  you will have some support to find a way around the issues if one is available.

We may be able to help with some suggestions here - I see that you have reinstalled Evernote;  are you using the Windows store version,  or a direct download from Evernote.com?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, B.Sol said:

I am using windows store version

OK - If you're willing to invest a little time,  I'd suggest you

• export any local notebooks you may have to ENEX
  • sync and exit Evernote
  • backup (copy) your Databases folder to somewhere safe like your desktop
  • use Revo Uninstaller Free to remove every trace of your Evernote (store) installation from your system
  • check that the original Evernote databases folder has been removed - if not,  make sure it's deleted
  • restart your system
  • reinstall Evernote from Evernote.com and sign in with your existing user details
  • wait for the database to be rebuilt
  • import any local notebooks back into the database

- All that sounds a little complicated,  but should take less than 30 minutes - excluding the rebuild which can take a <beverage of choice> or two to complete,  depending on the size of your database and the speed of your network connection.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 4:32 AM, gazumped said:

use Revo Uninstaller Free to remove every trace of your Evernote (store) installation from your system

The store app actually cleans up after itself pretty well. Revo shouldn't be necessary for that. (Store apps use their own copy of the registry, so the global one isn't "contaminated".) The only thing that won't be cleaned up is the database directory (on purpose - that's why it was moved out of localapps a few years ago).

Personally, I use the direct download version too.

• Like 1