Jump to content
dmitry_bond

Some links DO NOT WORK in shared note!

Recommended Posts

Example:

  • I add a text (like "here is accounting document for last revision")
  • then I got link to my document on Google Drive 
  • I selected a text in a note and pressed Ctrl+K to assign a link to, clicked [OK]
  • then I clicked "Copy Share URL" for this note and send a link to shared note to my coleagues

Problem is following:

  • when I click a text (with my Google Drive) link in EverNote - it is correctly opened shared document in a web-browser
  • then I opened shared note in web-browser and tried to click the same link to a document on Google Drive there - IT DOES NOT WORK!
    By unknown reasons web-version of my EvernNote note screws up most of Google Drive urls in a note!!!

Example:

Thus, it is the obviously THE BUG in EverNote! 

Please fix.

Additional materials:

Below is a piece of HTML of note exported into HTML file. Obviously generated HTML is wrong - it screws up a link even inside an exported note.

<a href="https://drive.google.com/open%3Fid%3D1LCFnT0pb0hJ7uvi_0JVjtlRJEN2YLX2g" rev="en_rl_minimal">https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LCFnT0pb0hJ7uvi_0JVjtlRJEN2YLX2g</a>

 

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, dmitry_bond said:

Some links DO NOT WORK in shared note!

One point about the Google links is that within Evernote you have previously established the login/password assignment

Trying to use the same link outside of Evernote or in a different account can be problematic; there's no userid/password

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

One point about the Google links is that within Evernote you have established the login/password assignment previously

Trying to use the same link outside of Evernote or in a different account can be problematic; there's no userid/password

IT IS ABSOLUTELY IRELEVANT TO "userid/password"!

Please read my bug report again and try to reproduce step by step!

Bug is there.

PS.

When I insert text of link into a note and then copy-paste text of link from web-version - it works. So, for sure this is problem in EvernNote web-wrapper.

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, dmitry_bond said:

Please read my bug report again and try to reproduce step by step!

You're reporting the Google Drive link works within your Evernote account

The link does not work outside of your Evernote account (shared notes)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

You're reporting the Google link works within your Evernote account

The Google link does not work outside of your Evernote account

Seems you do not understand what we are talking about, so pls stop discussing the things which you do not understand. Please. :)
Google links perfectly works outside of my evernote account.

Share this post


Link to post

@dmitry_bond, I can confirm the problem. I copied your link into a test note in my Windows Evernote program. In the Web version of Evernote, when that test note synced, although it displayed the correct link, the underlying URL had the ASCII codes %3F for ? and %3D for =. Clicking the link resulted in a 404 error. It did the same thing when I created a dummy link https://www.fooply.net/htm?query=equal: it produced https://www.fooply.net/htm%3Fquery%3Dequal in the Web version. I'm not 100% sure that Evernote is doing this rather than Windows or the browser. But obviously it is a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 9:53 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

the underlying URL had the ASCII codes %3F for ? and %3D for =. 

Some background on the character substitution: 
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

URLs can only be sent over the Internet using the ASCII character-set.
Since URLs often contain characters outside the ASCII set, the URL has to be converted into a valid ASCII format.
URL encoding replaces unsafe ASCII characters with a "%" followed by two hexadecimal digits.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

@dmitry_bond, I can confirm the problem. I copied your link into a test note in my Windows Evernote program. In the Web version of Evernote, when that test note synced, although it displayed the correct link, the underlying URL had the ASCII codes %3F for ? and %3D for =. Clicking the link resulted in a 404 error. It did the same thing when I created a dummy link https://www.fooply.net/htm?query=equal: it produced https://www.fooply.net/htm%3Fquery%3Dequal in the Web version. I'm not 100% sure that Evernote is doing this rather than Windows or the browser. But obviously it is a problem.

I have the exactly same problem you said and i found the same character substitution.

This problem came up after i updated my Windows EN from ver 6.18.4.8489 to 6.19.2.8555.

After i deleted current version and re-installed the previous version, the links attached from google drive/photos works well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, NoName99 said:

I have the exactly same problem you said and i found the same character substitution.

This problem came up after i updated my Windows EN from ver 6.18.4.8489 to 6.19.2.8555.

After i deleted current version and re-installed the previous version, the links attached from google drive/photos works well.

Then this is clearly a bug in v. 6.19. @dmitry_bond, since you discovered the problem and have a Premium account, perhaps you should open a support ticket and report this issue. Or report it on the thread for v. 6.19.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...