Street addresses not underlined and linked to maps in iOS

I used to always paste street addresses into Evernote and then just touch the address on my iPhone to open directions in maps.  Now they're no longer underlined/linked in iOS.  So I'm instead pasting addresses into Apple Notes.  Any idea what's up?  

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue, the IdeaPlaces reply above does not seem to answer the question for me.  I use notes to keep track of places to go like restaurants and hiking trails and desire to tap the address and send this to Apple Maps on phone to act as GPS to direct me there. 

• Like 1

Yeh, the IdeaPlaces isn’t what I was looking for either. I also in the past created phone lists for work and could touch the number to dial automatically. But as with street addresses, the numbers are no longer underlined in blue. Touch them and nothing happens. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue  Its driving me crazy.  I am a general contractor and use evernote to store a file on each client/call i receive. In the past when i put in a phone number, in any format, it would be blue and underlined. Same with address and email.  Now only email does it. What is the fix?  I use the iOS mobile app. Now i just went on my laptop to write this and check it out on my mac.  Same thing. It looks like it changed around May 10th 2019. My old notes before then still have blue clickable phone numbers and addresses.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone found a solution to this? I switched to apple notes because of this issue last summer (2019) but I've found that the apple app isn't what I need it to be. I want to switch back to Evernote but I need to be able to click on addresses and have them open in Maps for work.

If not, maybe someone with a non-free account could contact support about this to get an answer.

I never got an answer to the problem, and that was last August.  As I said in my last post, Evernote has become less useful instead of more useful over time...at least to me.  Sure, I still use it, but it seems like the general lack of product evolution means that eventually another product will completely lure me away from it.  

• Level 5

There is no problem to show an address in the maps app - just do as I did. All that is used is iOS stuff (in this case iOS 13.4, iPad Pro 10.5):

Address in an EN note:

image.thumb.jpeg.72c1b2142f06db4ed115fc9c5d06f68f.jpeg

Select the address text, Click on „look up“ or however this is called in Englisch :

image.thumb.jpeg.339a08612b4800f7768fd75eb19ca0cd.jpeg

This page will open, with a selection of options. The first one is to look it up in the maps app:

image.thumb.jpeg.57220765b1ddeacc1e8293a8cee18ee7.jpeg

When clicked, a preview map will open. Click again on the map image, and it will open full screen.

image.thumb.jpeg.ce3da13dfed715f9a80dfb094fd40957.jpeg

This is plain iOS function, and it works the same in other apps as well.

• Like 1

That actually works! In the mobile app, select the address, then select Look Up from the options that appear, and it will open in maps.  Not quite as user friendly as a hotlink that automatically opens in maps, but a very simple method nevertheless.  Thanks!!!  

Now if we could figure out how to make a phone number automatically dial....  I used to have a phone log that I would frequently edit and share with coworkers.  The numbers were automatically hotlinked in Evernote so that all I had to do was touch it, and it would automatically dial.  

• Level 5

It is not that easy, but nearly:

On an iPhone, select a phone number in an EN note

Click on „copy“

Open the Phone App, virtual keys 

Click above the keys into the empty space, choose „paste“

The number is pasted, ready to dial

Select a phone number, click on „copy“

image.thumb.jpeg.e1929b6ca8705cdf43a88b0c56d65bee.jpeg

Go to phone app, virtual keys, click above and paste:

image.thumb.jpeg.6eaeaee0fe1bca1bf464bdedf44c216d.jpeg

Dial

image.thumb.jpeg.51f916fedd7ff3627235b927abaa83bf.jpeg

PinkElephant - That's a great work around. Thanks!

It's still weird that Evernote would actually remove a hot link feature like this. Does anyone know if Evernote got rid of the feature or if Apple had something to do with it to help promote their Notes app?

• Level 5

I can only guess at the reason - but maybe it was removed from the iOS side. When iOS 13 was released there were significant changes in the „share“ menu and function. Maybe this is related to a different handling of shares in iOS. As I said, this is just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...