Highlighting text in a note

I am just getting used to Evernote so I apologize if this should be obvious. In Evernote Web I see how I can turn highlighting on and off, but can I change the colour?

In Evernote for Chromebook, I don't see how to use highlighting at all.

On another note, can someone tell me what this icon does?

image.png.b6e29c2345638f580fb6cf11b62c8a58.png

Thanks for any help!

• Level 5*

Hi. 

AFAIK there are no other highlight colors on the web,  it may not be possible to highlight on Chromebook at all (not a user,  so I can't help);  and the icon looks like a highlighter to me...

The best way to get a consistent tool set across different platforms* is to use a word processor and attach the file (DOCX or whatever..) to the note.  You'll be able to edit the file on any device that device that has the software to read it,  and won't be limited or distracted by the current differences between Evernote clients.  

* Evernote is getting better,  but has a ways to go yet...

• Level 5*
On 7/7/2019 at 10:56 AM, Stuart Rudner said:

On another note, can someone tell me what this icon does?

image.png.b6e29c2345638f580fb6cf11b62c8a58.png

That is the highlighting tool in Evernote web. Select some text, click the tool; it should highlight the text, at least as long as it's not in a code block or something like that.

• Level 5
On 7/7/2019 at 10:56 AM, Stuart Rudner said:

I am just getting used to Evernote so I apologize if this should be obvious. In Evernote Web I see how I can turn highlighting on and off, but can I change the colour

There's no way to change the highlight color in the Web, Android, or Windows editors. This is a feature that's been requested more than once. The editors are supposed to be getting improved for cross-platform consistency, but since in this respect they seem pretty consistent already.... My gut tells me it's not going to be a priority. But then my gut knows nothing about software (though it does like softserve 😋 😊).