Jump to content
autosunoval

Let China Evernote take over

Recommended Posts

After Markdown support, todo list, desktop stick notes, The China Evernote (yinxiang) now support MindMap creation directly!!!! This is what product development looks like in the 21st century.

Please fire all the stupid, arrogant PMs of Evernote, let the China team take over.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why don't you just switch to the "Chinese Evernote" service?

Share this post


Link to post

Why would one company not have the same features across the one product? I think you're answer isn't the correct one. Why should someone have to switch?

Can I just click a switch to go "Chinese Evernote" with interface in English and not losing any of the features of the Evernote I joined, and not lose my subscription?

YES ==> Please direct me to the switch

NO ==> Please provide a better answer 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, autosunoval said:

After Markdown support, todo list, desktop stick notes, The China Evernote (yinxiang) now support MindMap creation directly!!!! This is what product development looks like in the 21st century.

Please fire all the stupid, arrogant PMs of Evernote, let the China team take over.

I believe Yinxiang Biji was spun out of Evernote proper and they run independently (of which Evernote is a minority shareholder), so it's not a correct comparison. (Source: https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/07/evernote-is-spinning-out-its-chinese-business-and-it-plans-to-take-it-public/) I think it's great that they have added mind mapping functionality to YB; I'm a big fan of mind mapping, generally. We lost the inimitable Dr. Tony Buzan earlier this year. However, if you'd like Evernote to progress, might I suggest making a feature request (see the link below in my signature on how to do so) and not insulting the hardworking people behind the service. We can all disagree and rigorously debate the progress and direction of Evernote, but ad hominem attacks are pointless.

By the way, if anyone knows differently about YB's current status, I'd be curious to know.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, R00tz said:

Can I just click a switch to go "Chinese Evernote" with interface in English and not losing any of the features of the Evernote I joined, and not lose my subscription?

We are talking about two separate companines

I have no knowledge of support for languages or features

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, Ray Sidney-Smith said:

I believe Yinxiang Biji was spun out of Evernote proper and they run independently (of which Evernote is a minority shareholder), so it's not a correct comparison. (Source: https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/07/evernote-is-spinning-out-its-chinese-business-and-it-plans-to-take-it-public/) I think it's great that they have added mind mapping functionality to YB; I'm a big fan of mind mapping, generally. We lost the inimitable Dr. Tony Buzan earlier this year. However, if you'd like Evernote to progress, might I suggest making a feature request (see the link below in my signature on how to do so) and not insulting the hardworking people behind the service. We can all disagree and rigorously debate the progress and direction of Evernote, but ad hominem attacks are pointless.

By the way, if anyone knows differently about YB's current status, I'd be curious to know.

Hi Ray,

You are correct, and I should say sorry to anyone from Evernote if feel insulted by my post. I was just too angry to see the (huge) differences between the product iteration cycles between Evernote and Yinxiang after the spin-off. I still constantly visit this site and post my "attacking" opinion because I still care and have hope for the product that I used to love much.

I was a long time premium subscriber and loyal user, but now-days, I just try stick to the basic plan and make less notes. As feature requests, Markdown, Latex, dark theme, Linux support etc., are all been long requested, but unfortunately we didn't see any significant changes for years. Now the new CEO is doing the so called "behind the scenes" video, which generated some interest in the community. While it is nice to see Everntoe is trying to make some changes, they need to remember though, "Talk is cheap, show us the product, we will pay for it".

Probably not getting anybody lose their job, I do hope the China Yinxiang will acquire Evernote one day, which is not that impossible.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, autosunoval said:

I do hope the China Yinxiang will acquire Evernote one day,

With the political climates, I may have concerns about my data being stored in U.S jurisdiction but I definitely would not use a Chinese company 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, DTLow said:

With the political climates, I have concerns about my data being stored in U.S jurisdiction; I definitely would not use a Chinese company 

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't store anything of merit in any jurisdiction.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, autosunoval said:

I do hope the China Yinxiang will acquire Evernote one day, which is not that impossible.

Impossible?  Maybe not but it would kill the service, so effectively, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CalS said:

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't store anything of merit in any jurisdiction.  ;)

Personal includes some sensitive information, protected by encryption.

Business does not allow cross border transfer (banking data)

Share this post


Link to post

Under circumstances it is - a lot of business data is stored on servers in the US even when the company and it’s customers are sitting elsewhere.

If the server belongs to a US company, it is of no importance where the server is located. US understanding is that this data is under US jurisdiction and can be delivered to any US institution by order of a judge.

This very act can be highly illegal under European data protection laws, and worth hundreds of millions in fines.

It will be interesting where this leads one day when there are both sides in a conflict about some bits and bytes able and willing to fight it out ...

Share this post


Link to post

... and let the Chinese government take care of the backups ? The deep data analytics come on top, for free !

Gruesome !

Share this post


Link to post
在 2019/7/4 在 PM10點46分, DTLow說:

Why don't you just switch to the "Chinese Evernote" service?

I would like to switch to YinXiang(Chinese version), but I have network issue to download & use YinXiang.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, happytree said:

I have network issue to download & use YinXiang.

But you still want to "Let China Evernote take over"

Personally, I don't want to have a "network issue to download & use" Evernote

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2019 at 12:37 AM, PinkElephant said:

... and let the Chinese government take care of the backups ? The deep data analytics come on top, for free !

Gruesome !

US NSA/courts, Chinese Government, Google data mining, ...   pick your poison  😮

Share this post


Link to post

There is only one side that will not allow you to board an Intercity train, reject your university application or send you to a Labour camp - all of this due to a lack of political correctness and deviation from the true doctrine. The social point system is Orwell reloaded.

I prefer to get some good ads when I don’t expect them, and have my backups done by the guys up in Utah 😇

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

P.S. Moved away from voting section - what in the hell should the vote be here ?

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, DTLow said:

US NSA/courts, Chinese Government, Google data mining, ...   pick your poison  😮

Not the same poison.

US NSA wants to spy on your political views and possible terrorist connections. ("Terrorist" may be defined somewhat broadly...)

Google wants to build your profile so that they could sell you services, or perhaps down the line influence your vote.

China wants to do all of the above, plus steal your company's business secrets, your intellectual property, any bit of information that could be used for industrial espionage, plus perhaps money from your bank account because the nameless agent working in a nameless numbered spy unit is underpaid, overworked, unregulated, and wants to have something for himself, too.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...