Downgrading to Free is Easy

APenNameAndThatA

Idea

... even if it is pretty impossible to get your information out once you have got it in. 

Evernote has been around for more than 10 years. I was using it a few years ago, and it had bugs. It still has bugs. A program for saving information that has bugs is not fit for purpose. Dropbox does not have bugs and also stores information. You put stuff in it, and you can get it out again. Dropbox deserves my money. Evernote does not. I have not heard about Microsoft Notes having bugs. But I would not use it anyway. 

I will be checking to see if they still bill me. 

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

even if it is pretty impossible to get your information out once you have got it in. 

Evernote makes it very easy to export your data (Mac/Windows)2141110964_ScreenShot2019-07-04at06_24_02.png.984f25625a627a0b748e26334c5432fd.png

It's a 30 minute process for me, using the export feature;
I run this weekly as part of my backups

Screenshot is from my Mac

>>Downgrading to Free is Easy

Yes, downgrading is easy

Just update the subscription settings in your account details

445704714_ScreenShot2019-07-04at06_47_25.png.5d7797ff2727c75a0194e09432b17577.png

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

... even if it is pretty impossible to get your information out once you have got it in. 

That is incorrect.  Evernote makes it very easy to export your data.  That is one area that I think Evernote does particularly well at, but if you're not happy, definitely move on.  Life is too short to struggle with an app that doesn't work for you.  I believe renewals are automatic, so don't wait around to see what happens, contact them instead.

• Level 5
8 hours ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

Evernote has been around for more than 10 years. I was using it a few years ago, and it had bugs. It still has bugs. A program for saving information that has bugs is not fit for purpose. Dropbox does not have bugs and also stores information. You put stuff in it, and you can get it out again. Dropbox deserves my money. Evernote does not. I have not heard about Microsoft Notes having bugs. But I would not use it anyway. 

I'm sincerely glad that Dropbox is working for your purposes. I don't think it would do what Evernote does for me: links between notes; reminders; an integrated (if clunky) editor; etc. But if what you want is to store information and reliably retrieve it, then Dropbox may be the perfect tool.

• Level 5

It is like sitting in a restaurant, everybody with his meal in front of him. Because it is crowded, you may sit with people you do not know.

And while you try to cut a bite from your steak and wonder about the knife they gave you, the guy beside you starts to promote his pick of a spoon as the solution for all troubles. Maybe it serves him well for his soup ...

And it is NO solution to put my steak into a blender, just to make it spoon-able 🤯

• Haha 1