Sign in to follow this  
magnus110

Evernote asking for upgrade all of a sudden (using only 2 devices)

I have been using Evernote without any problems for a long time. Today it's asking me to unsync devices or upgrade. I'm only using 2 devices. At the moment I can't even access settings.

You can always get to your settings using the web client. This is never counted as a device. You can manage your account settings there. 

When there, check as well whether the was a third party access to your account. EN itself is secure, but there were cases reported where login credentials from other accounts that were hacked in the past were used to access the EN database of users.

If this has happened, another, unknown device from a foreign place will show up in the devices and access list. With the basic device limit, this will push your account over the limit without you knowing why and how. Sure, it was somebody else, so how should you know ....

If so, change your password at once, using a unique and STRONG password this time. I always promote the use of a password manager (Personally I use 1Password, but there are others that do a good job as well).

And think about activating 2FA. As being on a BASIC account, you can use 2FA, but just with the Google Authenticator as Source for the second factor.

When 2FA is on, you will be immediately notified if somebody tries to enter your account.

12 hours ago, magnus110 said:

I have been using Evernote without any problems for a long time. Today it's asking me to unsync devices or upgrade. I'm only using 2 devices. At the moment I can't even access settings.

Did the message give you access to your Devices list.

If not, you can use the web page and access the Devices list in your account settings.

Review the list and revoke access to any devices not your's or not active

If there are unknown devices accessing your account, revoke access and change your password.

• Like 1