louisalphand

Superb Idea for Web Clipper

Idea

Hello, I noticed in my evernote that I had duplicates of the same article or even personality.

The idea that I propose to you is very simple.

Why not allow Web Clipper to detect if the wikipedia document for example is already on our Evernote or not?

I let you meditate on it.

Up to you.

Excuse my English, I'm French.

Sincerely Louis

3 replies to this idea

Good idea Louis.  It has been requested before.  There is probably a voting thread on the forum for this.

How to find this idea and voted for it to be accepted by your developers?

cordially

Suprisingly this seems to be the only general voting thread for this feature - I coudn't find another one,  anyway.  I don't think it's feasible to have Clipper check whether a page has been clipped before,  since although the URL may not have changed,  the content may well have done so.  The only way to confirm whether the clip will be a true duplicate is to have Evernote clip the page,  check the content against any existing note(s),  then flag a possible duplicate.  Which would mean that each clip takes two or three times as long to complete.

My preference is to clip content as quickly as possible.  If at a later stage I find two identical notes,  I'll delete a note.  There's no obvious benefit in being ultra-cautious about duplications...