6.19.2 upgrade installation failed

Runs through up to the point of stopping with the error:

(.\Bootstrapper.cpp.984) 0x643:Fatal error during installation.

Not the first time I have had an install error on upgrading. I usually wait until the next version and try again. Seems to be quite a common problem, though, looking through this forum.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, KeithC said:

Seems to be quite a common problem, though, looking through this forum.

Wouldn't say it's a 'common' problem - with something over 250M installs,  a fair proportion in Windows,  it would need everyone in a small city to have the same problem to register a fraction of a percentage.  It is common enough to have a 'usual' fix though - which is to reinstall your current version and then try the upgrade,  or to purge the system of everything Evernote (except for your database) using Revo Uninstaller Free.  Then download and install the latest version.

Or - if everything is still working OK - as you mention,  just leave this version (it's only been out a few days) and wait for the next.

14 hours ago, gazumped said:

Wouldn't say it's a 'common' problem - with something over 250M installs,  a fair proportion in Windows,  it would need everyone in a small city to have the same problem to register a fraction of a percentage.  It is common enough to have a 'usual' fix though - which is to reinstall your current version and then try the upgrade,  or to purge the system of everything Evernote (except for your database) using Revo Uninstaller Free.  Then download and install the latest version.

Or - if everything is still working OK - as you mention,  just leave this version (it's only been out a few days) and wait for the next.

There have been a number of posts on installation problems, most seem to be in Bootstrapper.cpp, that's why I said "common", though I take your point about it being a small proportion. A small proportion of a huge number is not trivial, though 😉. Which is why I reported, better for the company to know than not.

I'll do what I usually do and wait for the next version.

• Like 1