Group Notes Together

TzG

Idea

As a writer, I want to be able to group notes together so I can print many notes onto one page as though they were index-card sized.

I'd also like to be able to merge notes into a single document, but maintain the individual notes separately in the notebook. (Or have the ability to merge them to print them out, then unmerge them so I keep them as individual "index cards" in my notebooks for future projects.

And what about a note-sorter function, so I can sort them the way I would sort index cards to find the best way to order them for a project.

Thanks!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, TzG said:

then unmerge them so I keep them as individual "index cards" in my notebooks for future projects.

fyi  After merging, the notes are moved to the trash.  They can be restored from there.

>>And what about a note-sorter function, so I can sort them the way I would sort index cards to find the best way to order them for a project.

Evernote implemented this in the Shortcuts and Reminders sections

For other sections, I can group/sort notes using a number prefix on the title

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, TzG said:

As a writer, I want to be able to group notes together so I can print many notes onto one page as though they were index-card sized.

I'd also like to be able to merge notes into a single document, but maintain the individual notes separately in the notebook. (Or have the ability to merge them to print them out, then unmerge them so I keep them as individual "index cards" in my notebooks for future projects.

And what about a note-sorter function, so I can sort them the way I would sort index cards to find the best way to order them for a project.

Thanks!

As an author myself who is a bit OCD in the way my stuff is organized I just wanted to make a suggestion. I use Scrivener for my writing and Evernote for my research. A cool thing about Scrivener is that you can import the public link for a note into the app by using the Import Web Page function. It's the best workflow that I have personally found. Each app has its strengths and I am a big fan of both, neither one can handle my obsessive structure by itself. I found that together it is a match made in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1