How to auto log out of app for security?

Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

Is there a feature in the Mac app that automatically logs out when the computer goes to sleep, or after X hours of inactivity, or something like that?

I don't like the idea of someone grabbing my laptop and instantly having access to my notes in Evernote.

TIA

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not a Mac user,  but I'd be pretty sure the answer is 'no'.  In Windows I rely on my OS's inbuilt settings to sleep after a few minutes and require a password on waking up - and the ability to sign out of Evernote if I'm not using it.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
17 hours ago, Terri Z said:

Is there a feature in the Mac app that automatically logs out when the computer goes to sleep, or after X hours of inactivity, or something like that?

I don't like the idea of someone grabbing my laptop and instantly having access to my notes in Evernote.

No such feature in the Evernote/Mac app

The features are built into the Mac OS; password required "when the computer goes to sleep, or after X hours of inactivity"

I also use the Near Lock app to lock/unlock my Mac based on proximity

I don't like the idea of someone grabbing my laptop, or having access to any of my data

Ok, thanks. I guess I"m more concerned about someone getting access to my passwords via LastPass, which does have this capability. I don't store passwords in Evernote, so I guess it doesn't matter.

• Level 5

EN depends on the OS to lock up. Good part of it is, as any other app you are working on, it will be right there after unlocking the Mac again. If your Mac is capable of Touch ID, it is no issue at all to unlock it often, so you can set the lock-timer pretty short.

If you are concerned about your Macs security, there is another good (but not inexpensive) way to bump this up: Get an Apple Watch. You can set your Mac that it will unlock when the watch is near, and lock itself up automatically when it is moving away.

At least it does on my MacBook Pro. Better check whether your Mac allows for it too before getting the new gadget 😉

Thanks everyone. My Mac has the fingerprint sensor, and I'm happy with my lock settings (don't have an iPhone, so those apps won't work for me).

I was only looking for an extra layer for EN. If it doesn't exist, it is what it is. I can live with it.

• Like 2