SOLVED: Buggy tags in web client (Beta on Chrome)

Three issues, all of them serious (1) tags that are visible in windows on notes in windows client not visible in same note on web.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when this happens or why.  (2) when I click on "tags" in left pane, should see a list of all my tags.  Instead, only a tiny subset appear.  (3)  when trying to add tags on the web, only the tags that show up on this web listing can be added.  Attempting to add other tags does nothing.

Are others experiencing any/all of the above?

Not sure if this is a new bug or an old problem  (There are some posts about this from months ago.)  Either way, it's been over a year since the "New Web Experience" was announced with much fanfare.  Very disappointing that this basic functionality not working yet.

EDIT: Just switched back to old version of web client, which does not seem to suffer from these problems.  My comment above stands.

SOLUTION:  For anyone else experiencing this problem, I found solution (some helpful staff member posted in response to a different issue).  Open evernote in chrome.  Then open javascript console (in chrome on windows this is done by pressing Ctrl+Shift+j.  Then type the following: Cupboard.clear() and then enter.  Remains to be seen if I'll have to do this repeatedly.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*

Thanks for posting a fix - as the OP you might change the title to "SOLVED: Buggy tags in web client (Beta on Chrome)" to help others.

Don't know if this fix works - in my browser Brave (Chrome based) the javascript console is F12 and trying that command didn't change anything I'm aware of - but also it didn't nuke anything important,  so if there's a change I'll let you know!

@gazumped.  For what it's worth, Evernote support's suggestion was to log out then log back in.  I didn't have opportunity to determine if this works since I'd already fixed problem using method in my (edited) original post.

• Thanks 1