Deleting a Notebook

Newbie David here, I'm trying out the basic version and have been able to delete individual notes but how do you delete an entire notebook.  I've read the instructions in the forums but

I'm having the same problem as others.  When I right click a notebook there is no "Delete Option" - Any response is appreciated! Tks, D.N.

• Level 5

Additional information: The notebooks content will be moved to the trash, so all of the notes will be still available, until Trash is emptied.

However it is not possible to restore the notebook itself. So if there are many notes in the notebook to be deleted, think about it twice. Recovery must be done note by note ...

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, dnavratil said:

Newbie David here, I'm trying out the basic version and have been able to delete individual notes but how do you delete an entire notebook.  I've read the instructions in the forums but

I'm having the same problem as others.  When I right click a notebook there is no "Delete Option" - Any response is appreciated! Tks, D.N.

Using Evernote/Web, we don't right-click 881433902_ScreenShot2019-06-24at08_11_01.png.553faeeb945f63335361975efb444b6f.png
It triggers browser options instead of Evernote options

Select the notebook page in the sidebar

Move the mouse pointer to a notebook

19 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Go to the Notebooks page.  Choose the 3 dots menu at the far right of the unwanted notebook name.  Click "delete notebook".

There are no "3 Dots" anywhere I see!! Any more suggestions? Thanks

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, dnavratil said:

There are no "3 Dots" anywhere I see!! Any more suggestions? Thanks

That may depend on your OS and browser.  Is your screen like the screenshot above?  If not,  please let us have a screen grab of your experience.

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

There is no "Trashcan"!  See attachment - Tks

Using Evernote/Web, we don't right-click 881433902_ScreenShot2019-06-24at08_11_01.png.553faeeb945f63335361975efb444b6f.png

Select the notebook page in the sidebar

Move the mouse pointer to a notebook

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, dnavratil said:

See atached

Your mouse is pointing to a Stack
Move the mouse pointer over the March 2016 notebook, you'll see the delete option to the right

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Your mouse is pointing to a Stack
Move the mouse pointer over the March 2016 notebook, you'll see the delete option to the right

Thanks but still no good!   See new attached! David

Untitled 2.jpg

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, dnavratil said:

Thanks but still no good!   See new attached! David

Are you trying to delete your one and only notebook?

btw  Here's the official documentation on deleting notebooks  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313478-How-to-delete-notes-and-manage-your-Trash

• EVERNOTE WEB

1. Open the notebook you'd like to delete
    2. Click the info button (letter 'i') in the notebook header at the top of the notebook list
    3. Click Delete notebook

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DTLow said:

I figured out the problem! You were right I only have 1 Notebook.  I created another notebook for a total of 2, then when I went to delete 1 of them the trashcan does show up!

I really appreciated your extra effort in helping a Newbie (71 Yrs Old & Not A Geek)! David

Are you trying to delete your one and only notebook?

btw  Here's the official documentation on deleting notebooks  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313478-How-to-delete-notes-and-manage-your-Trash

• EVERNOTE WEB

1. Open the notebook you'd like to delete
    2. Click the info button (letter 'i') in the notebook header at the top of the notebook list
    3. Click Delete notebook

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5

The post just before yours suggests that if you only have one notebook, you can't delete it. Is that your situation? I find that when I have one of my notebooks selected and click on the horizontal 3-dot menu I get the drop-down shown below. I notice that the other option missing in your screenshots is "Set as default notebook," which would also be impossible if you only have one notebook.

image.png.0646e3a173bfc6daf6ae9786e8c5b562.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1