Consistently Loses Data In Handwriting Mode IOS

On my iPad Pro I make handwritten notes using the Pen/Handwriting Mode.  (See Image) The problem is that Evernote only saves what you have written when you leave pen mode manually. If you sleep your iPad, close the cover or switch to a different app before leaving pen mode everything you wrote is lost.  In meeting I'm constantly leaving pen mode and going back in to make sure it saves but sometimes I forget and then I lose everything I've done since the last time I entered pen mode. Could you put a priority on fixing this as it's super frustrating as well as career limiting to spend an hour in a meeting making important notes and then loosing them all.

Image-1.png

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, Brian Crockett said:

On my iPad Pro I make handwritten notes using the Pen/Handwriting Mode.

Evernote does not have Pen/Handwriting Mode
The icon you posted is for the sketch feature.

As you pointed out, it's a known bug that sketches are lost if not manually saved

Evernote is not the tool I use for note taking.
I use Notability on my iPad.
The documents are saved in Evernote in both native and pdf format

• 9 months later...

Hy I had the same problem, I use hand write and I sometimes lost My notes when IPad go in standby.

Have you solved this problem or no one have fix this problem?

I like this app but I’m looking to another app because this is a big problem For me like For you!

I wait For an answer, thank’you!

• Level 5

EN is not in the race for handwritten note taking. Or if they are, they forgot to take their horse along.

Do as DTLow told, or use another program. My favorite on the iPad is GoodNotes 5. The best way is to try several pen note taking apps, and choose the one you like best.

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

EN is not in the race for handwritten note taking. Or if they are, they forgot to take their horse along.

Do as DTLow told, or use another program. My favorite on the iPad is GoodNotes 5. The best way is to try several pen note taking apps, and choose the one you like best.

OK Thank'you I think will use GoodNotes 5 too and leave EN!

• Level 5

Personally I mix both. EN is stronger In organizing documents, has a web clipper etc.

GoodNotes 5 is better for note taking and note keeping.

So my „living notes“ are in GoodNotes, and can be modified there even month later. When a note becomes legacy, and editing is no longer needed, I export into EN where I keep my virtual memory. When I choose the „keep search index“ option on export, the pdf of the handwritten notes will remain fully searchable.

For my use case this is the perfect combination between a strong handwriting note taking app and a near-perfect File-and-forget Archive that will retrieve everything I ever dropped in there when I need it.

But every use case is different, so if you can do everything you need to do in GoodNotes, why not !

• 2 weeks later...