44 minutes ago, EdH said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Downloading the Windows version from https://evernote.com/download gives me an .EXE file.

Are you on Windows OS? I'm not.  The link only shows apple store, google store, microsoft store. I don't see any other links. Microsoft store wants me to sign in then tells me it doesn't see supported device.  If I need to be on Windows to have a different download presentation, I suppose I can get it at work on Mon. I'm done with Windows at home. I've mostly been Linux for personal use for the last 11 years or so...  When I took over my wife's last laptop, I chose to run Linux in VM solely for the purpose of the Evernote client in Windows. It's the only tool I use that doesn't have native Linux client. Eventually I became so frustrated with the poor performance of Windows I reformatted to Linux only and it's like I got a new laptop with 5x the horsepower. I plan to experiment with Wine, but if I'm ultimately stuck with web clients at home it's by far the lesser evil.

Here's a screenshot of what I see below.  I thought there used to be a generic right-click save as option.

image.png.ec70fdccaaf9a3e4ea3578c08ae90be4.png