Evernote for Mac 7.11 Beta 1

Nick L.

Hello folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.11 Beta 1 is now available. You can download it here.

Fixes and improvements:

• Fixed a data migration error that some users encountered after upgrading to 7.10
  • Fixed an issue where Evernote helper displayed null as keyboard shortcut.
  • Fixed an issue where a recorded audio note that was shared via email would not play in MacOS Mail 
  • Fixed an issue where EvernoteSpotlight Keychain prompt appears periodically 

Known issues:

• Users without a retina display see fuzzy text in the editor

As always, please continue to send us feedback.

Thanks!

• Like 3
On 6/13/2019 at 10:43 AM, Nick L. said:

Hello folks, 

Evernote for Mac 7.11 Beta 1 is now available. You can download it here.

Fixes and improvements:

• Fixed a data migration error that some users encountered after upgrading to 7.10
  • Fixed an issue where Evernote helper displayed null as keyboard shortcut.
  • Fixed an issue where a recorded audio note that was shared via email would not play in MacOS Mail 
  • Fixed an issue where EvernoteSpotlight Keychain prompt appears periodically 

Known issues:

• Users without a retina display see fuzzy text in the editor

As always, please continue to send us feedback.

Thanks!

I just started experiencing this issue today, so I dlwned the beta version to see if my issue will be fixed. Thanks Nick! 

On 6/16/2019 at 7:06 AM, nezy said:

Any ETA on fixing this issue: "Users without a retina display see fuzzy text in the editor "?

It's been around for almost 8-9 months.

Not yet, but we're doing some foundational work that will address this and some other bugs. 

• Like 1

Because I'm having the annoying/confusing "Keychain" popup, I tried to download install 7.11 Beta as suggested in the Keychain thread. I clicked on the download link and then downloaded the zip file to my desktop, which is how I download all installers. Then I double-clicked on the installer, which caused an Evernote icon to appear on my desktop — the installer for 7.11 Beta, I assumed. So, I double-clicked on that Evernote icon. But it didn't behave like an installer. Instead, it opened up Evernote — but a separate Evernote version from the one in my Applications folder.  After a little while, I got a prompt about moving the program to the Applications folder, so I dragged the icon to the Applications folder, but that caused a prompt saying there was already an Evernote program in the folder and did I want to replace that one with the new one?  I quit the program instead, because I didn't want to risk losing my Evernote data by doing the wrong thing.

I'm using Mac OS Mojabe 10.14.5, by the way.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, dvdrobinson said:

Unfortunately, now I can't open Evernote on my Mac.  Am going to contact Evernote Support.

I don't spend a lot of time troubleshooting my devices.

I know I can nuke the install (app, database, ...) and start fresh.  The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.  The database is rebuilt from the servers.

• Like 1

Evernote besides the long time unsolved and irritating problem is crashing my mac even with the new final version released

Deleted evernote from my mac and erased all libraries associated with this buggy app = PROBLEM RESOLVED

I will just use the browser version and wait for a version that works as supposed 

thank you

• 1 month later...