jstern111

Use Evernote As Default Note App On Chromebook

I have a new HP Chromebook X2 which comes with a stylus. In the stylus settings menu within Chrome OS there is a way of setting a default note taking app for taking notes directly from the login screen. The only option from the drop-down is Google Keep. Is there a way of getting Evernote onto that list?

Interestingly, in the settings there is an option to "Find more stylus apps". When I click that it takes me to the play store and Evernote (amongst a select band of others) appears on the list. 

Hi.  I don't use a Chromebook,  so no experience here - but could you install the play store version?  If you have an existing install you'd have to uninstall that first,  obviously...

5 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I don't use a Chromebook,  so no experience here - but could you install the play store version?  If you have an existing install you'd have to uninstall that first,  obviously...

Thanks for the reply. I am already using the play store version. It is exactly that which I want to use as the default note taking app.

10 hours ago, jstern111 said:

I am already using the play store version. It is exactly that which I want to use as the default note taking app.

So if you sync and uninstall your current Chromebook version and reinstall via "Find more stylus apps" maybe the OS could find it?  No guarantee this will work,  but it should be worth a try...

Thanks for the further response. I don't believe that I have a Chromebook version so have just tried uninstalling the existing Play Store version before going through the "Find more stylus apps" route into the Play Store and re-installed it. Unfortunately it hasn't made a difference. Good suggestion though!! If you have any other great ideas then please do let me know.

• Like 1