Constant freeze on opening notes

Installed the latest update on iOS (8.21) and from the beginning it freezes all the time when opening a note. I can do everything in Evernote, except opening a note - which makes it pretty useless at the moment 😞

• Level 5

Same client, no problems, neither on iPad Pro nor on iPhone 6S+.

Which device are you using ?

When you access EN and have the app open, is there a data sync going on (little spinning wheel) ?

Do you have offline notebooks, or all just on the server ? 

25 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Same client, no problems, neither on iPad Pro nor on iPhone 6S+.

Which device are you using ?

When you access EN and have the app open, is there a data sync going on (little spinning wheel) ?

Do you have offline notebooks, or all just on the server ? 

I am using an iPhone XS max. There is no data sync going on. And yes, I have a few offline notebooks. I am also using ios 13 by the way. Having said that: the previous version of Evernote ran just fine on iOS 13.

• Level 5

OK, but 13 is still early beta.

Standard procedure with iOS is uninstall and reinstall from the App Store. If this helps in this case depends whether the app is happy within iOS 13, or not. I am not running betas (have to work on my gadgets, and need a reliable platform), so no experience on that.

With the 8.20 I had a freezing / unresponsive  issue on my ipad. This I had caused myself, because I had set all of my notebooks to offline before. So every time I opened the app, it started to move data from the server. This was visible by the spinning data sync wheel. Since the notebooks are fully downloaded, the problems are gone.

17 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

OK, but 13 is still early beta.

Standard procedure with iOS is uninstall and reinstall from the App Store. If this helps in this case depends whether the app is happy within iOS 13, or not. I am not running betas (have to work on my gadgets, and need a reliable platform), so no experience on that.

With the 8.20 I had a freezing / unresponsive  issue on my ipad. This I had caused myself, because I had set all of my notebooks to offline before. So every time I opened the app, it started to move data from the server. This was visible by the spinning data sync wheel. Since the notebooks are fully downloaded, the problems are gone.

It is still early beta, but running without any problems whatsoever. Even with Evernote, until this last update. And I haven't changed anything. Installing a beta means that you might run into problems, I realise - and accept - that. What I found strange here though is that it ran perfectly fine on 13 with the previous version. And it doesn't sound like a iOS 13 issue to me, as there are many more freezing problems mentioned in this forum, with various versions - both from iOS and Evernote.

• Level 5

Just thinking loud: With 8.21 they explicitly said they made the app faster. Maybe this needs a feature not yet implemented in 13beta.

In the millions of rows of code a modern OS will bring along, betas are often lacking some modules, that are still under construction or that do not fit into the new framework.

If un- and reinstalling won’t help, you may have to decide between the iOS beta or using the web version of EN for a while.

Or try support ...

20 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Just thinking loud: With 8.21 they explicitly said they made the app faster. Maybe this needs a feature not yet implemented in 13beta.

In the millions of rows of code a modern OS will bring along, betas are often lacking some modules, that are still under construction or that do not fit into the new framework.

If un- and reinstalling won’t help, you may have to decide between the iOS beta or using the web version of EN for a while.

Or try support ...

That is a good suggestion: try support 🙂 I did that, they replied that the issue is know and being worked on.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

They sure must be working on iOS 13 already, if they want to have it proven and tested at the official release in September. I hope they will develop an iPad-version as well - to have 2 EN-notes open at the same time in split screen mode would be terrific.

Chiming in to say I'm experiencing the same issue on iOS 13. Evernote consistently crashes on the splash screen. And as you mentioned, Evernote worked just fine until updating it to the most recent version.

I also tried it after updating to beta 2 of iOS 13 and it still crashes.

(Of course, can't really blame Evernote when we're on beta software but kind of strange since it worked just fine on the previous version)

EDIT: Update! I deleted the app, restarted my phone, and re-installed. So far no more crashes!

20 hours ago, Will Ryan said:

Chiming in to say I'm experiencing the same issue on iOS 13. Evernote consistently crashes on the splash screen. And as you mentioned, Evernote worked just fine until updating it to the most recent version.

I also tried it after updating to beta 2 of iOS 13 and it still crashes.

(Of course, can't really blame Evernote when we're on beta software but kind of strange since it worked just fine on the previous version)

EDIT: Update! I deleted the app, restarted my phone, and re-installed. So far no more crashes!

Hhm ... I'm afraid that didn't work for me - on beta 2, deleted Evernote, restarted, re-installed, same problem 😞

9 minutes ago, JeanVis said:

Hhm ... I'm afraid that didn't work for me - on beta 2, deleted Evernote, restarted, re-installed, same problem 😞

Yeahhh seems like I might've spoken too soon. The app opens for me but opening notes is still crashing the app.

• 1 year later...