Webclipper's intelligent sorting not intelligent anymore

For years, webclipper has been impressively accurate in choosing the right notebook when I clip a webpage, even though most of my notes are in german. 

For a while now (2 weeks? a month?), it doesn't. It wants to send almost every clip, no matter the topic, to a notebook with content of a very specific topic, that is theoretically archived (has not had a new note since 2016). Content is not related at all to the new clips. 

I changed the option to using the default notebook for now, but I would like to have my intelligent sorting back. 

• Level 5

My webclippers intelligent option is running in stupid circles since a while.

It is like it got stuck somewhere, and is now proposing confused stuff for notebook and tags. I can correct the tag „2018“ as often to „2019“ as I wish, he will go back over again. The same with the notebook proposal.

So I quit using smartness, put the stuff into my Inbox, and sort it out later.

And yes, I would like to get it back. Problem is, I switch between Mac, Windows and iOS, so it will probably be hard to find out what is happening on which machine, what is global, and why it is sort of stuck.

It does not seem to have a reset-option neither.

• Level 5*
On 6/9/2019 at 5:39 AM, chronistin said:

For years, webclipper has been impressively accurate in choosing the right notebook when I clip a webpage, even though most of my notes are in german. 

That's the smart filing option, based somehow on previous filed clips.

1292347408_ScreenShot2019-06-10at09_01_49.png.f7ef2e7c7dfad1b01b0573ae408f8030.pngI turned it off, and do my own filing

20 hours ago, DTLow said:

1292347408_ScreenShot2019-06-10at09_01_49.png.f7ef2e7c7dfad1b01b0573ae408f8030.png

I turned it off, and do my own filing

Yes me too. I have the specific folder to gather all the added content from web clipper. Mostly those articles and content from the internet I have to read again or need it straight a head for research purpose. And I like  to rearrange the content a bit, or add some tags. BTW. the intuitive tag finder works quite precise. But of course not just straight from the beginning. The Add-on needs time to learn....

22 hours ago, DTLow said:

That's the smart filing option, based somehow on previous filed clips.

Yes it is. it used to work great for me, and now it does not. The Question is, why?

I turned it off, and do my own filing

that's what I do now, too, but I would like to get the smart filing back.

• Level 5

Have you posted a support ticket on this ?

When I see the reaction from support, which is usually a ton of questions to make sure they are really following things up, with my diverse setting of EN clients and OSes and browsers I am afraid it would not do much good if I would ask.

And I agree: For a long time it worked just fine, and somehow it got derailed. Would be nice to have it back, though I can live with the workaround of touching up each note again.

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Have you posted a support ticket on this ?

Nah, after my latest support experience, where I had to write back and forth for a week before someone even acknowledged my issue, I'll pass on support except for the most vital problems.

• Haha 1
  • Level 5

Same with me ...

I can understand that they want to make any issue replicable. But the level of knowledge of the support staff is pretty mixed. Often it seems they do not understand information they already have received. Especially nice is the tendency to get live screen video - I’ve learned new ways to make screen videos on my iPad through that 😂

Once you get through to one of the second levels, it is o.k.

• Like 1