Paul Reid

Skitch drag and drop still doesn't work on Mojave or Skitch 2.8.4

Dark mode update today YAY.

3 years of users reporting drag and drop no longer works without a fix. NAY.  

Thousands of screenshots later - I've been using Skitch and Evernote for 12 years since 2007, so close to moving....

Are there any Evernote/Skitch developers on here?

Hi!
Sorry you're still running into problems. Can you clarify or give me steps to reproduce the drag and drop problem you're seeing? We fixed a few of them but not all. 

I'm having a similar issue. I'd like to drag a Skitch image, which has been saved in Evernote, into an Outlook email. I can grab the image, I can seemingly move it to an Outlook email, but when I "drop" the image nothing appears.

Details:

MacOS Mojave, 10.4.6

Evernote 7.12

Skitch 2.8.4

Just wanted to add to this while looking for an answer on this myself. I was previously on Mac 10.12.6 Sierra which was working flawless, but when upgrading to 10.14.6 Mojave this issue started occurring where dragging a screenshot from Skitch to anything else would often provide a blank screenshot. On testing further however I noted that if I change the name of the screenshot in the bottom-left corner of Skitch before dragging this, the dragging feature would work 100% of the time. This is at least a workaround for now, though it would be nice to see this resolved.

If you need any more info from me, let me know and I'll check back a few days a week in case there's any update.

What do you mean by "change the name of the screenshot on the bottom-left corner of Skitch?" 

I don't see a filename on the bottom left corner of the image or of the Skitch app.

Maybe you could use Skitch to show me a screenshot illustrating what you mean. 😉

Hi rcfinn

Took a screenshot for you (attached), highlighting the filename section.

Skitch Name.png