Returning to evernote

Hi all, aware that there is often a lot of leaving posts so figured I would post a returning one. I used to subscribe to premier I think it was called but have been away for a year or so. Returning and have subscribed again for the following reasons - 

background sync on mobile

templates for new notes

good mobile apps

the use of tabs 

Will use extensively over the next several months and see how things go. Only concern so far is that I am unable to add new rows to tables on mobile? This is a bit of a problem when using the meeting template on an ipad. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, wbutchart said:

Only concern so far is that I am unable to add new rows to tables on mobile?

Table editing features are limited on mobile devices.
Using tab at the last cell will create a new row.

Of course this requires a keyboard that has a tab key.

• Level 5*
42 minutes ago, wbutchart said:

Only concern so far is that I am unable to add new rows to tables on mobile?

Welcome back!  -The answer to your issue may be to create a meeting template that has blank table(s) that fit your usual note layout.  Delete or expand it as necessary.  Anything else can be sorted out on a desktop later.

If you have any further thoughts or queries,  please let us know!

• Level 5

Welcome back !

There are apps that extend the screen keyboard on the iPad. One example is PadKeys (app-store says 5€49), that offers among many other additional keys a „tab“ key on the screen to tab on. As usual the keyboard can be toggled on an off, so you could just use it when taking notes where the extended keys make sense. Keys will be smaller than in iOS, so maybe it will work fine with the 12.9 and less so with a 11“/10.5.

Hint: I have not tried it myself, so I can not positively say that the „tab“ key will add a row to a EN table. But you may try it, and if it doesn’t not work, you can ask for a refund of your money through the „report a problem“ function of the App Store.

I messed around with other apps - Devonthink, notebooksapp etc.   I have to say, the EN just works better for me.  I can get exactly what i want easily from it.  I will say that the ios phone app is my least favorite part of the experience, but I keep coming back to the desktop app as it just works.

• Thanks 1
On 6/3/2019 at 6:18 PM, gatorbrit said:

I messed around with other apps - Devonthink, notebooksapp etc.   I have to say, the EN just works better for me.  I can get exactly what i want easily from it.  I will say that the ios phone app is my least favorite part of the experience, but I keep coming back to the desktop app as it just works.

Im on the green text side, I dont mind the Android app much, it works as I would hope.  My only slight frustration is the inability to add a new row to a table, though I am not going to worry to much about it as it seems there is a lot of work going on to unify the various note experiences into one more cohesive.  I like the control I have for offline notebooks and also background sync too.  Its not very often I am not in a data area but nice to know if I am it wont be too much an issue.

• Level 5

To add a new row to a table, you need a tab-key.

With Android, I am not familiar. With iOS a tab key is on a hard keyboard you can connect (Bluetooth or via the connectors on the iPad), or on some of the soft keyboards you can load on the App Store. The tab works and will create a new row at the end of the table when pressed in the last cell of the existing table.

Probably the same would work on an Android device as well.

1 hora atrás, PinkElephant disse:

To add a new row to a table, you need a tab-key.

With Android, I am not familiar. With iOS a tab key is on a hard keyboard you can connect (Bluetooth or via the connectors on the iPad), or on some of the soft keyboards you can load on the App Store. The tab works and will create a new row at the end of the table when pressed in the last cell of the existing table.

Probably the same would work on an Android device as well.

On Android devices, you can use SwiftKey keyboard, that has Tab key. I guess there is a version for iOS too.