Hi, I am a normal user [ i.e., not premium ]

I made a note a few days back, unfortunately, yesterday that content in the note got replaced by my mistake and the note was synchronised, so I lost all the previous content,

I tried to view the note history, it's displaying permission denied.

Is there any way to get that lost content? 

Please help me, my exam is nearby!
Thanks in advance :) 

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm also a normal user (despite being premium).  Note History is a premium feature,  so if you can't replace your data easily,  it may be worth upgrading to Premium for a month to get access.

Experienced users have these tools - the starred (**) items are available free

1. Disconnect!  Don't let your local device sync the error.
  2. "Undo" - shake (iOS) / Ctrl+z (Windows) etc - if you realise something bad just happened,  try to undo it before trying anything else. **
  3. Backups - although the server version of the database is your go-to backup,  a local system backup can help restore 'lost' data after syncing. **
  4. Find an unconnected device - don't allow it to connect and sync (obviously) and copy the content of your lost item to a new note.  Then connect and sync. **
  5. Upgrade and see Note History

- NB Note History only works if you change the content of a still-existing note.  If you deleted it,  check the Trash notebook.

5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I'm also a normal user (despite being premium).  Note History is a premium feature,  so if you can't replace your data easily,  it may be worth upgrading to Premium for a month to get access.

Experienced users have these tools - the starred (**) items are available free

1. Disconnect!  Don't let your local device sync the error.
  2. "Undo" - shake (iOS) / Ctrl+z (Windows) etc - if you realise something bad just happened,  try to undo it before trying anything else. **
  3. Backups - although the server version of the database is your go-to backup,  a local system backup can help restore 'lost' data after syncing. **
  4. Find an unconnected device - don't allow it to connect and sync (obviously) and copy the content of your lost item to a new note.  Then connect and sync. **
  5. Upgrade and see Note History

- NB Note History only works if you change the content of a still-existing note.  If you deleted it,  check the Trash notebook.

Thank you! So, Now if I took premium membership, can i get back the content which was already lost ?

I mean will my data be saved as i am a basic user and now if i pay money and become premium user for few days, can i get the content which i lost when i was not a premium user?

Can someone from evernote team please address this asap, i have my exam in 2 days, i am planning to pay the money in few hours for premium, if i am going to get the content

• Level 5

Hello, this is a user forum. This will not be checked by EN staff on a regular basis.

If you need the lost stuff urgently, get premium, and contact support directly. There is a chat function going directly into support for premium and business users. I think (But can not be sure for your case) that it should be possible to recover your content via note history.

Sorry, hardcopy  in German. I have highlighted chat hours for you.

27C8202D-12B2-470A-AB1D-5D96A4BEABFA.thumb.jpeg.77b1b2b09c60ba325f05a7477f6ab301.jpeg

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Hello, this is a user forum. This will not be. Necked by EN staff on a regular basis.

If you need the lost stuff urgently, get premium, and contact support directly. There is a chat function going directly into support for premium and business users. I think (But can not be sure for your case) that it should be possible to recover your content via note history.

Sorry, hardcopy  in German. I have highlighted chat hours for you.

27C8202D-12B2-470A-AB1D-5D96A4BEABFA.thumb.jpeg.77b1b2b09c60ba325f05a7477f6ab301.jpeg

Thank you

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Civils said:

Thank you! So, Now if I took premium membership, can i get back the content which was already lost ?

I mean will my data be saved as i am a basic user and now if i pay money and become premium user for few days, can i get the content which i lost when i was not a premium user?

698840655_ScreenShot2019-05-30at06_51_12.png.51d7adfab969ff8ca65eef06f819eae5.pngThe Note History backup runs multiple times a day, for all users. edit: including basic users (thanks @gazumped)
As a premiun user, you will be able to recover lost content.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

4 minutes ago, DTLow said:

698840655_ScreenShot2019-05-30at06_51_12.png.51d7adfab969ff8ca65eef06f819eae5.pngThe Note History backup runs multiple times a day, for all users.
As a premiun user, you will be able to recover lost content.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313858-How-to-use-note-history-to-view-older-versions-of-a-note

Hi, My query is- I am not a premium user when i lost the content, now if I took premium, Will i get the content which was lost when i am not a premium user?

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, Civils said:

My query is- I am not a premium user when i lost the content, now if I took premium, Will i get the content which was lost when i am not a premium user?

Yes, provided the content was present during one of the backups.
The only known schedule is "multiple times a day"

The note history backup also includes basic accounts (thanks @gazumped)

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Civils said:

I am not a premium user when i lost the content

15 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The Note History backup runs multiple times a day, for all users.

(including Basic users...)

• Like 2